Priceline Hotel: Resort Orlando (Disney Main Gate-Celebration) Gaylord Palms

Les Claypool Tallahassee
By Les Claypool Tallahassee,
in

Very pleased with this win. Stayed at the Gaylord Palms once before and absolutely LOVED it. Can't wait to go back again. The only downside of this hotel (which I was already aware of) is that they charge a $17 resort fee AND $12 for self-parking. ($20/valet) I'm not elated about that, but this place is so nice, I don't really mind. Effectively getting arguably the best hotel in Orland for $99/night. I'll take it!

Started @ $60. Immediately got the "increase by $17..." response.

Added $2 a new zone until I got to $70, and won.

As always, I used the PRICELINE link from this site.

Congrats on snagging Gaylord Palms at that price. I would like to try to get this hotel for an upcoming trip. Can you please share the details of your bidding strategy? Did it come up as a 4-star or 4.5-star? I can identify it on Hotwire bids, but would like to try to use Priceline rates.

thanks

-Daddio

Congrats on snagging Gaylord Palms at that price. I would like to try to get this hotel for an upcoming trip. Can you please share the details of your bidding strategy? Did it come up as a 4-star or 4.5-star? I can identify it on Hotwire bids, but would like to try to use Priceline rates.

thanks

-Daddio

Started @ $60. Immediately got the "increase by $17..." response.

Added $2 a new zone until I got to $70, and won.

FYI, on Priceline, it's one of only 2 "resorts." The other is the Omni Championsgate. I've stayed at both, and loved my experience at each one. When I bid I knew I was going to win one, so it was a no-brainer. The key is not to include the Lake Buena Vista Zone. That's where the Hilton @ DisneyWorld is, and should be avoided at all costs.

Good luck and I hope that helps!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]