Priceline Hotel: NYC -03/08/2010 - 03/12/2010

ShaunaJC
By ShaunaJC,
in

Welcome to Betterbidding :)

In terms of a good area, HOTWIRE has a 3* in the Times Square-Theatre District for your dates w/smoke-free, restaurant, business and internet icons for $99. On the detail page of the listing, there is a tripadvisor rating of 4/5 and 1680+ reviews. The amenities and tripadvisor info would lead me to believe this is a very possible match for the Belvedere. While you could likely do a bit better via PRICELINE in terms of discount , this would be more of a "known", is under budget and is right near a station, whereas a hotel that you get via PRICELINE may/may not be.

If you would like to try PRICELINE, please let us know your desired star rating (would you be interested in trying for a 3.5*, or the least expensive 3*? Is there an area you would prefer?) and we will suggest a strategy.

Please use the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchase and your searches.

Thank you.

I was having a dig around HOTWIRE too and found that $99 rate for what I too through was the Belvedere . I'm thinking since I'm a first time visitor, I might be better to opt for more certainty through HOTWIRE.

I'd like MTE, but then am concerned about landing that Millennium one that's way east.

Should I maybe just try my luck with 4* MTW, MTE, ESB, MSG?

Cheers SJC

I might be better to opt for more certainty through HOTWIRE.
Should I maybe just try my luck with 4* MTW, MTE, ESB, MSG?

The above are contradictory... you need to decide what is more important to you, having a guess as to the hotel beforehand OR rolling the dice to save a little more? What if you bid the MTE zone and land the Millennium UN?

Perhaps a better question is "why not what is believed to be the Belvedere?" Good reviews, within your budget, centrally located... what more is it that you'd be looking for by bidding on PRICELINE?

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hi,

I recently won on priceline 4* Hilton New York (Ave of Americas at 54th) for $120 for Feb 26,2010-Mar 1,2010. I tried lower bids at MTE, MTW, ESB and MSG, but no luck. I also noticed on the Priceline and Hotwire Calendar of Wins there are postings for 3.5* Roosevelt @ $118. So, prices are a lot higher than last year. If you want to stay under $110, suggest you go with the sure thing at HOTWIRE with the Belvedere.

Good luck and enjoy MYC

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]