Hotwire Hotel: 3.5* Newark (Secaucus-Meadowlands) Sheraton Meadowlands

lodgegirlie
By lodgegirlie,
in

Searching HOTWIRE for your date, 1room/4adults, i see a 3* hotel offered in this zone with:

Restaurant, Pool, Fitness, Hi-Speed Internet, Business

Do you see this on your own HOTWIRE search... or are you still seeing the amenities you've listed above? If you're still seeing the above, are you including for 4adults on your search?

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

this is very interesting. I get the 3* hotel for $59 with restaurant, business center and internet when I search for 2 adults, 2 children. I just put in 4 adults and see the 3* hotel for $67 you mention below. why would they show 2 different hotels based on 4 adults vs. 2 adults, 2 children?

any chance you can ID either of these 2 3* hotels in the area?

thanks again.

HOTWIRE only shows one hotel at each star rating per zone (the lowest priced hotel is the one offered)

Some hotels include children at no additional charge, while others only charge more for more than two adults in the room... others don't charge at all for up to quad occupany regardless of age. The first hotel may charge extra for adults, no longer making it the least expensive hotel in the zone at this star level when searching for 4adults.

The 4adult search matches previous reports for the Radisson, which has since been converted to a Crowne Plaza, so that would be my best guess for that one, although the Crowne Plaza has not yet been reported to the board thru HOTWIRE so can't confirm that the amenities are still the same.

The 2adults/2children property has not yet been identified.

Do you have specific plans in this area as it's not typically the most frequently bid zone in this region, and i'm fairly familiar with the area and there might be another nearby zone which would work better for your needs (ie- you're not using this zone as a 'nyc substitue', are you?)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

thanks for the background on how hotwire displays options - this will come in handy for future searches too! :)

I'm thinking the fort lee area will be best for us because we will be traveling from Greenwich, CT on 1/30 afternoon into NYC's upper west side for the evening of 1/30, then heading to South Orange, NJ the next AM. We'd like to stop and rest at the hotel between Greenwich and the Upper West Side without too much of a detour - and we also don't want to be more than a half hour from South Orange the next morning, because we have an early appointment there. Is there a better area, do you think?

thanks again -

Yes - we are driving. we thought it would be (relatively) easy to shoot across the GWB and down the Henry Hudson that evening, then drive back up and over the bridge that night to be at least partway to South orange for the next morning. we could stay on the UWS, but that would involve more $ for overnight parking and a longer commute to South Orange, NJ in the AM. I was hoping we'd find a Fort Lee area hotel with free parking for the night.

thanks -

The "issue" i have is that this just isn't a great hotel area, and more imporantly, the zone extends pretty far to the west and north, which would bring you further away from the UWS.

Personally i like the Secaucus/North Bergen/Meadowlands area better... i see what i believe to be the Holiday Inn Harmon Meadow for $69/nite. If you return to the hotel before dinner time there are restaurants nearby (plus a great place i can recommend a short drive away... although it will be crowded on a Saturday nite), parking is free, and it would be an easy commute the next day to the NJ Turnpike to Rte 280 or Rte 78, depending upon which route you take. Parking is free in this area as well (as it would be in Ft Lee too)

I also see the Crowne Plaza Secaucus for $84/nite which generally gets positive reviews as well.

It doesn't appear that you'll be commuting from hotel into the city (it seems like you'll be going from Greenwich to the city, then city to hotel to check-in later in the evening)... but if you are going to the hotel first there are mass transit options into the city from both of these hotels as well.

yes, I think this area could work just as well. We are planning on stopping at the hotel between Greenwich, CT and the UWS - just want to make sure this isn't much more out of our way than staying in the fort lee area, and that it won't make the commute in and out of NYC by car any more time-consuming. As you say, though, if we can't confidently ID the hotel in the fort lee area, we may end up with one further north or west - and that wouldn't be good.

we are going into the city for a party, so dinner in NJ is not an option this time! :)

will let you know how I fare... thanks again for such a helpful site!

just want to make sure this isn't much more out of our way than staying in the fort lee area, and that it won't make the commute in and out of NYC by car any more time-consuming.

It comes down to whether the GW Bridge or the Lincoln Tunnel will have less traffic, and the answer to that will be as consistent as flipping a coin. If you listen to the radio before your commut, and for some reason the Lincoln is backed-up and the GW is free and clear, you could alway hop on the Turnpike and head towards the bridge as it would only be 15-20 minutes to the Bridge's toll plaza, but chances are the Lincoln would be the better bet once your in the area.

Congratulations on your success and thank you for sharing your results with the board. (although i don't think i suggested this hotel above)

Location-wise, this property should work quite well for your needs as it's right by the entrance to the NJ Turnpike, as well, it's basically a straight ride on Rte 3 --> Rte 495 into the Lincoln Tunnel.

Can you please add a reply to this thread with the amenities shown before your purchase... you can still view this information by going to HOTWIRE and clicking the MY ACCOUNT link near the top right of their home page.

Enjoy your stay and have fun at the party.

yes, you are right. you had seen the holiday inn harmon meadow and the crowne plaza secaucus at the time you looked at Hotwire's options. When I asked for a secaucus area the last couple of days, the 3.5* sheraton was easily identifiable from your hotwire hotel list so I went for it. Got a little confused there - whoops.

anyway - details on the hotel as follows:

sheraton-meadowlands hotel 3.5*

amenities:

Smoke Free Rooms

Fitness Center

Pool(s)

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

High-speed Internet Access

Golf Nearby

thanks again for the excellent site! it's been invaluable.

oh - i did use the HOTWIRE link above to begin my purchase.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]