Hotwire Hotel: 2.5* Orange County (Anaheim-Disneyland South) Ramada Covention Center

Lollipop's Mom
By Lollipop's Mom,
in

I have tried all sorts of combos over the past 3 days, going down to a 2*.

I have $10 bonus cash and have gone up to $32 plus $10 for garden grove. ($42 usually seems to get the crowne plaza)

No go on that.

I have done up to about a total of $38 with my bonus cash on a 2* in the main disneyland area.

Just reporting in in case others were aftern these days.

I am not in a big hurry, I can keep trying.

To try and get Crowne Plaza select 3.5 star under the area Garden Grove and then also use the areas that are selectable that do not have 3.5 star in the area and this will let you have more than bid per night. Also, noticed that the regular Priceline Crowne Plaza rates are more for the saturday ($152) compared to the other days on your trip, Sunday, Monday, Tuesday ($97). This will affect your bidding price because they will be asking more for the saturday that the rest, but because they are all grouped together in the same will only accept a bid high enough to cover the more expensive night, they do not use an average. If you break the saturday away from the other days you will modt likely get the other days cheaper, probably not $42 dollars but definately cheaper than the bid price for a night that is regularly $152. When I got the Crowne Plaza for $42, the regular rate for all nights was $82, so now that the regular price for those days is $97, might be a tad more.

I ended up just buying on hotwire. A good deal came up of $35 2.5* Disney South. Breakfast, Fitness, Laundry, Intenet - was the Ramada at the Convention Center. I knew this would be the hotel. Reviews are iffy, but its cheap and we don't plan to be there much. Also it happens to be across the street from the Budget rental car place I have a car reserved at for 2 days, which will make that easy. It seems to be clean enough, just some parking issues, etc... and since I am renting the car across the street, maybe they will let me park there if I need to.

Congratulations on your success and thank you for sharing your results with the board.

Glad to see you're happy with the results and this will work well for your plans.

Can you please add a reply to this thread confirming if there was also a POOL icon associated with this property? You can still view the amenities of the hotel you purchased by going to HOTWIRE and clicking the MY ACCOUNT link near the top right of their home page.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Yes there was a pool icon. Forgot to list it.

Also, the whole time I tried for PRICELINE and HOTWIRE I kept using your links. I would just check HOTWIRE here and there, and then planned to go use your link to buy if I decided to, and then this came up at $35 and then my phone rang, I got off the phone and decided to buy it, and literally 2 seconds after I hit buy my room, I realized I didn't use your link. I am soooo sorry. I really appreciate this site and it was a case of me trying to do 2 or 3 things at once. I hadn't seen it come up under 42 bucks, and wanted to grab it.

I am still a bit iffy on this hotel, but hoping it is better than the reviews. I figure if it is really bad, hotwire will be getting a phone call from me.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]