Priceline Hotel: 2* Wausau Days Inn North

Rising Sun
By Rising Sun,
in

I called ahead and the hotel was able to give us non-smoking rooms. I asked about the beds and the rooms come with only ONE double bed. That is not an issue for me as I am traveling alone. I think this could be an issue for priceliner's expecting comfortable accomodations for 2 adults in a two star hotel.

Is this consistent with the Priceline promise---only one double bed?

I want to be perfectly clear. The one bed that I will receive is a FULL sized bed. You can go to their website and you will see that the one bed rooms are only full sized beds.

I went to the priceline website and found, "We can only say for certain that the room we book for you is guaranteed for double occupancy, but you may get one king, one queen, two queen, one double, two doubles, two twin beds or any combination of the above."

So, one double bed is within the Priceline standards. However, I think 2 travelers will be sorely disappointed and uncomfortable to get one full sized bed. I've never encounted such a setup outside of a large city. This hotel also offers monthly rentals and gets poor reviews. Hmmmm.... Is it really a two star hotel?

Sorry to hear that you're disappointed, although the reviews don't look too terrible (3.5/5 tripadvisor, unless I'm looking at the wrong Days Inn) in comparison to some smaller-town properties. Full beds only isn't common, although it may be an older property that hasn't changed over the years. It's been a while since I've been up to that area, but Wausau is quite beautiful - hopefully you'll otherwise have a nice time in the area.

I have read the reviews too. I think some of the reviewers have mixed up the properties. The good reviews often refer to a pool and this property does not have a pool. It doesn't make sense that both Days Inns get a 2* ranking when one has a pool and the other does not. I'll do a review after my stay.

For me, one double bed will work. I just think that it should not be allowed on Priceline without disclosure. One double bed would not be considered an acceptable accomodation to many couples traveling together. Given that it is so uncommon, I think it should be disclosed.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]