HELP, Priceline, Choose specific Hotel

TiredTraveller
By TiredTraveller,
in

I do a lot of travel and am always trying to bid for a 2 Star in East Brunswick NJ. Once in awhile Priceline will give me Extended Stay in Middlesex which is acceptable however other times they give me Extended Stay in Franklin which is bad (far from my destination and unkempt). Both are supposedly 2 Stars in their same zone. Is there a way that I can be assured that I will receive the 2 Star which I desire?

There are only two suggestions I can think of.

First, perhaps choose a higher star rating, especially if there are none at the higher level in the undesirable area of the zone. Second, you might want to try HOTWIRE. With the lists and help from the board, you can probably ID any hotel you might get.

Either way, you might pay a little bit more, but it sounds like it would be worth it to you.

I agree with upping the star level. In some areas it is only a difference of a few dollars.

If you absolutely must stay in a certain hotel, PRICELINE isn't for you. Try HOTWIRE as Gallus suggested.

Failing all this, keep in mind that retail prices are usually negotiable. They are certainly open to coupons and promotion codes that can be found on the internet. Ask to speak to a manager to see if a better deal can be worked out. If you don't ask, you won't pay less.

Example: "Super8 has a deal $50 per night, but I'd much rather stay your hotel for $60..."

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]