Priceline Hotel: 2* Ft Lauderdale (West Fort Lauderdale-Plantation) Homestead Suites

jetcap
By jetcap,
in

Cheap cruise thru HOTWIRE--check. Cheap flight to get there--check. Inadvertantly arriving on superbowl sunday and seeing hotel prices almost triple--damn!!

If anybody has any suggestions for a cheap hotel in FLL or Miami for Feb 7th it would be greatly appreciated. I arrive in Lauderdale but cruise out of Miami the next day, so either is fine. Would be willing to go a little bit north from Lauderdale to stay the night. Any suggestons would be greatly appreciated. Nothing to fancy, just a clean place to lay my head for the night.

Please follow-up your previous Hotwire Hartford and Hotwire Kissimmee threads with whatever you ended up doing for each stay... then reply to this thread and we'll comment on your stay above.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Apologies, Florida trip never happened and wrote full review for Hartford trip that I booked on Priceline for $38, La Quinta Inn. Sorry for the oversite, I've sent a $10 donation via paypal for the oversite and thanks for all te help you've provided, both past and hopefully future.

Thanks for the follow-ups (and donation :) )... can you please also add the date(s) to your Priceline Hartford thread so we can add this information to the topic title and enable your win to appear in the Priceline and Hotwire Calendar of Wins.

As far as this Florida stay, "cheap" is relative to conventionaly booking rates... what do you consider 'cheap' for this stay?

Are you renting a car to get from FLL to Miami or plan on taking taxi/shuttle?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Let me find date later today and I will post. Cheap? For a stay like this I usually look in the $50 range for a two star. Seems most of those thru hotwire are about $150 this time round. So at this point if I come in with anything under a hundred I'll be happy. As I say, fairly flexible, anything I can drive to in 30-45 minutes. from Lauderdale airport.

I figure to be renting a car for the day as one day, one-way rental. The cost for this going doesn't seem to be too bad, think I can do it under $50. Coming back though (Feb 12) from Miami to FLL seems to be at least twice that. Hotwire doesn't have one way rentals so I've been looking on various rental sites. I had thought about a car for entire week which might be cheaper but then I'd have parking to consider. Taxis to hotels, then back to airport to catch a shuttle doesn't seem to be an option. Open to all suggestions.

So in summary I will need a hotel in either FLL or MIA for Feb 7th. A 24 hr car rental oneway rental on that day. Another hotel in FLL on Feb 12th (not too worried bout that one, but haven't really checked either) and also another oneway car rental on that date.

If you see a car rental for $50 all-in i'd reserve that ASAP as it's very likely rental cars will be at a premium given the crowds of people who will in town for the game. You can usually reserve rental cars without a cancellation penalty (always doublecheck the terms) and i would do so to prevent any sell-outs or cars suddenly increasing in price due to a spike in demand... if you find something cheaper down the road you can always cancel your current reservation. (use our Car Rental Checker to assist in your rate search)

There is a 2* hotel in the (Miami Beach North - Bal Harbor - Sunny Isles) zone for 'just' $76/nite, however, i believe it may be the Villa Harding Suites and i don't think i've seen such bad reviews for a hotel in quite some time.

After that, hotels in the Ft Lauderdale area (which i'm assuming will be cheaper than those in Miami given the location of the game) are $120-$135... not sure if you want to pursue these OR give a try on PRICELINE. If you want to try bidding on PRICELINE, let us know the minimum star rating you're willing to accept and the zones (by PRICELINE name) and we'll suggest a strategy for you to follow.

Let us know how you'd like to proceed and we'll take it from there.

There is a 2* hotel in the (Miami Beach North - Bal Harbor - Sunny Isles) zone for 'just' $76/nite, however, i believe it may be the Villa Harding Suites and i don't think i've seen such bad reviews for a hotel in quite some time.

I saw that this morning for the first time and was all enthused. Thanks to yr site though I went away running...Bad reviews indeed.

I guess I can PRICELINE a whirl. Was thinking of beginning at 3* and working my way down to 2*. What would you think is good starting off point dollar wise? $80?

I guess I can PRICELINE a whirl. Was thinking of beginning at 3* and working my way down to 2*. What would you think is good starting off point dollar wise? $80?

Which zone(s), by PRICELINE name, are you willing to accept?

Which zone(s), by PRICELINE name, are you willing to accept?

I would say pretty much all 9 zones listed with Coral Springs being last and only if neccesary. In order Fll Airport; Hollywood; FLL airport North; Downtown FLL; FLL Beach; Miramar: FLL West; FLL North...Pompano and Coral Springs last.

I tried a couple of zones last night and went as high as $99 for 2-1/2* for FLL Airport and FLL Airport North and Hollywood with no results.

My big fear with PRICELINE is winning a bid and ending up with something like the previously mentioned Villa Harding Suites. At least with HOTWIRE I can double check with yr site and avoid if neccesary.

You have to decide if you want to spend a bit more to have the ability to take an educated guess as to the property OR if you'll 'deal' with any hotel that PRICELINE awards you.

To begin bidding your zones above, did you want to include Pompano and/or Coral Springs in your bidding... or only after you have tried up to your maximum bid with all the other zones?

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$10 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SAVEMORE

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $100+ purchase... expires 05/19/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]