Priceline Hotel: 4* Montreal Hyatt Regency

liquiddemons
By liquiddemons,
in

Summary of my bids today (25 January 2010) for one night stay (2/06/10 to 2/07/10):

4* Montreal $60 - rejected but hit with add $17 to secure this bid so I knew I was close

4* Montreal, Laval $61 - rejected

(closed browser)

4* Montreal, Longueuil $62 - rejected

(closed browser)

4* Montreal, Pt. Claire $63 - rejected

(closed browser)

4* Montreal, Laval, Longueuil $64 - rejected

(closed browser)

4* Montreal, Laval, Pt. Claire $65 - rejected

(closed browser)

4* Montreal, Longueuil, Pt. Claire $66 - rejected

4* Montreal, Laval, Longueuil, Pt. Claire $68 - accepted

I was a bit surprised that it took my last bid to secure the win after they countered with add $17 straight away but I'm satisfied with the price. I've never stayed at the Montreal Hyatt Regency. It doesn't get stellar reviews on tripadvisor but for $68 it can't be all that bad, right?

As always I used your PRICELINE link to begin my purchase. Thank you once again to the board and its members for the invaluable advice.

I stayed at the Hyatt Regency Montreal for New Year's Eve. I pricelined it at $85 for New Year's Eve (sadly, before I found this site). So you're doing better than I did!

As for the quality -- it was fine. Nothing to write home about, but not bad. I was a little surprised to find a large box-style TV in my room -- the picture was pretty grainy -- but we didn't go there to watch TV. Don't drink anything in the bar unless you want to double the cost of your stay! Cool how the hotel is literally connected to the underground tunnels. That much was worth the cost I think! Have fun!

I stayed at the Hyatt Regency Montreal for New Year's Eve. I pricelined it at $85 for New Year's Eve (sadly, before I found this site).

We'd still welcome you sharing your win with the board as a NEW TOPIC... this will enable your win to appear in the Priceline and Hotwire Calendar of Wins which may help somebody looking for a New Years Eve hotel this coming year.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 5 weeks later...

Thanks, Parachute07! Sorry I didn't see your reply until now. I did enjoy the Hyatt but I do agree that it was strange about the old TV. It's SO out of place what with the modern furnishings both in the hotel proper and the room itself. I also found the bath/shower fixtures to be out of place due to its age as well. I figure if they corrected those two flaws, the rooms would be, well, flawless.

And, yes, being connected to a mall and the underground city is awesome ... especially in the wintertime. I parked in their underground mall for only $9/night over the weekend. In my mind a very good deal considering the Hyatt charges $30 for valet parking right next door! As a word of caution though I don't believe there are in/out privileges for the $9 parking.

But back to your stay, Parachute07, $85 for a New Year's Eve stay is awesome! Usually hotels up their prices substantially on that celebratory evening. So I figure we both got a great deal. New Year's Eve in Montreal ... now that must be fun!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]