Priceline Hotel: Resort San Juan Marriott

TobanTraveller
By TobanTraveller,
in

Im new at this so I am wondering. Going on a cruise Nov 1 looking for pre and post cruise hotel for 3 days each. Is it too early to bid??? It seems like Priceline has better pricing for the Caribe Hilton (or other "resorts") but I am definitely looking at spending at least one part of the stay at the Caribe which means I will have a better chance (through your listings) to get it through Hotwire.

Should I start now???

TobanTraveller

We are looking at Oct 29 - cruise day (Nov 1 departure) and from Nov 12 - 15 (check out), so three nights before and after. We are always looking for a deal but like the idea of the resorts, so it seems that people are successful for these resorts at between $ 90.00 - 119.00. I was going to book at the Embassy suites for that same price so an upgrade would be great - same price for a resort hotel. So that price range would be ok.

Thanks for replying.

TobanTraveller

Please use separate threads for each leg of your stay. We'll use this thread for your pre-cruise stay of 10/29-11/1... please start a NEW TOPIC for the post-cruise leg of your trip.

With PRICELINE there is no way to target a specific property... you're subject to any hotel in the zone at the star rating (or higher) that you select. In other words, there is no way to specifically target the Caribe Hilton.

With HOTWIRE you can often take an educated guess as to the property you may receive based upon the star rating and amenities shown before your purchase, but when searching your pre-cruise dates of 10/29-11/1 the least expensive 4* property with a Resort icon is over your budget at $155/nite, and it doesn't seem to resemble previous reports for the Caribe Hilton.

Do you want to try for a Resort property via PRICELINE for this stay, given that you may (likely) receive something other than the Caribe Hilton?

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know your thoughts and how you'd like to proceed and we'll take it from there.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks thereuare.

OK. So HOTWIRE is a little outside my comfort zone but not to say we might not try later. Maybe I should try PRICELINE and see if the budget is right. From your lists there are 4 "resorts" on Priceline near as we can figure. They are all good properties and I wouldn't mind satying at any of them. Just preferences that's all. So should I try Priceline "resort"? My better half says to bid starting at $80 and see. Thoughts? Is this a good plan?

Also as an aside, if we are successful, do they take the $$$ right away? And do I get some kind of confirmation from the hotel?

If you are accepted, you will get a confirmation screen telling you the name of the hotel and other details and you will be charged for a non-refundable reservation at that point. Given how far in advance this is, you could start at $80 (although the chances of that being accepted seem slim) and work higher to a ceiling/max, and if that isn't accepted, maybe try again once a week.

Please use the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchase and your searches.

Hey thereyouare,

I was going to pay $140 / night for the Embassy Suites using traditional booking sources. So I was thinking if I could get a resort for the same price that would be great. Of course a little less would be even better. With the hotel tax and regular tax $ 140.00 would be my top bid.

TobanTraveller

It's not clear from the above, but i'm assuming your maximum bid amount is $140 (excluding taxes and fees) so i'll use that figure, but you can stop at any point if the following is higher than you are willing to spend.

At the Resort level you have SIX re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

(NOTE: 're-bid zone1' is not the same as priceline's Zone1, 're-bid zone2' is not the same as priceline's Zone2, etc, etc)

Select Resort San Juan...

Bid $85, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $90, if rejected add re-bid zone2...

Bid $95, if rejected add re-bid zone3...

Bid $100, if rejected add re-bid zone4...

Bid $105, if rejected add re-bid zone5...

Bid $110, if rejected close browser and use our link to re-access PRICELINE

Select Resort San Juan and re-bid zone5...

Bid $115, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $120, if rejected add re-bid zone2...

Bid $125, if rejected add re-bid zone3...

Bid $130, if rejected add re-bid zone4...

Bid $135, if rejected add re-bid zone5...

Bid $140

Any questions feel free to ask.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you received a great deal for this property... increasing the star rating of your hotel and lowering your price at the same time!

Thank you for sharing your win with the board and using our PRICELINE link to begin your bidding.

Have a great trip... if you need help with the post-cruise stay feel free to start a NEW TOPIC.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$10 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SAVEMORE

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $100+ purchase... expires 05/19/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]