Priceline Hotel: 5* Barcelona (Airport) Hesperia Tower

liveforhols
By liveforhols,
in

Hi, I am very much a learner to bidding on hotels. I am looking for a hotel with an indoor swimming pool and steam room if possible, not neccessarily in the centre of Barcelona as we have visited once before and have seen all the sights. Both my husband and I suffer from rheumatism and need these two facilities when away. I know the Princesa Sofia has the wellness centre, also the Hesperia Towers but I am not sure which areas they are located in. Also, although under hotel amenities, lots of hotels mention a pool, I haven't found any that specify indoor pool. Any help greatly appreciated. We are travelling 21st Feb, checking out 26th Feb.

Welcome to Betterbidding. :)

The issue with bidding on PRICELINE in this case is that there would be no way to guarantee an indoor pool, as if you bid 5*, for example, you could possibly get any 5* in the area. What I would suggest instead would be to look into HOTWIRE.com, where you could spot a listing with a pool icon in order to guarantee a pool.

Please use the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links, and let us know if you have any questions.

To add on to the above, note that the pool icon desingates access to a pool... not necessarily an indoor pool. However, i would suggest starting at HOTWIRE to see if any 5* hotels appear with a pool for your dates, then we can take the next step to take some educated guesses as to what the underlying hotel might be, which would also then give us an educated guess as to whether or not the pool is indoor/outdoor.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks ever so much for the help from you all. I went through the process last night for the first time and bid 50 English pounds for a 5* in the airport zone with priceline, they came back, informing me that were I to bid an extra 14 pounds, I would have it. That done, I got the Hesperia Tower. I was very happy. I do intend to upgrade to tower level once we arrive at hotel. This is 50 euros a night more but includes breakfast and full use of all the pool/spa facilities which we are so looking forward to. Once again thanks to everyone for all your help. Here I go now, looking for a swanky London hotel for the second part of our trip. Three cheers for betterbidding

Congratulations with your success. Some have reported that the PRICELINE link from here will allow you to use a credit card as long as you enter a USA address for the card... any address.

While I am glad you are happy with your price, note that quite often you can bid half of that amount or less and still get a room with a re-bid zone. The offer is just telling you that you are close and you do not need to accept it.

You would have added another zone, Ramblas for instance and bid say $54 on your next try and might have won. Good luck with future bids in London.

I would imagine they have an upsell process at the desk to generate extra revenue and the paid upgrade will be no problem. I think I even saw some sort of offer were you could join the club level for multiple night stays. I hope they give you the 50 euro or better and you even get a coctail reception each evening with tapas and fruit and flowers daily. Sounds nice.

Enjoy your trip.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]