FL Orlando Marriott Airport

pomcoach
By pomcoach,
in

We just stayed here Sunday night 12/26/'04 for our winning bid of $38.

The desk clerk had my Marriott Rewards Number for incidentals, in case we purchased breakfast in the morning. She upgraded us to the 8th floor, which was the concierge floor or something. The rooms were nice, but not anything more special than standard rooms. But there was a bathrobe in the closet and one free bottled water in the room. Everything was clean and looked fairly new. The beds were average. We had 2 rooms. Our requests for one King Non-Smoking and the other room - 2 beds (I think queens) Non-Smoking, were granted. The room was very quiet. We heard no planes at all, even until Noon the next day.

In the morning we were at the airport in 5 minutes or less! Great for the rest of the family, because my husband gets TENSE :) on "fly-home" days.

Pomcoach :)

• 6 years later...

One night stay, won it for $50 on PL (around $68 with taxes/fees) plus another $12 for parking. TOTALLY worth it!!!!! Overall, I really enjoyed my stay, it had everything I needed, and I would absolutely stay there again. :D

Pros:

hotel amenities

good service

Friendly staff

quiet

free newspaper

Cons:

none important enough to mention

Comments:

location: airport is down the street, PLENTY of restaurants, convenience stores & drug stores nearby (but not really easy to walk to, you'd need a car). Daily parking is $12+tax (valet is only $2 more I think) but I think it's worth it. It has one of those lots with raised arms where you need your hotel room key card to get in/out. Parking is huge, but pretty packed, so if walking is not your thing, go ahead and valet it.

common areas: the hallways upstairs seemed a bit warm & stuffy but I guess that just means they're saving power? The Lobby was magnificent & had anything you'd need (boarding pass print station, cucumber water, newspapers, plenty of seating, free wifi) plus a coffee shop/deli and a retail store as well as a rental car desk. All very clean and everyone was SUPER friendly. Loved it.

room: I was in a double room on the 7th floor facing the lake. Good view (huge windows). I would have liked a slightly softer bed, but the linens were clean and very fresh and comfy. The room itself wasn't huge but had everything I needed. The TV was nice & I had all sorts of options for internet, video, Ipod, etc that I could hook up to the TV (via the work desk next to the TV) but I didn't use any of them. Good lighting, efficient & quiet AC unit, plenty of storage.

bathroom: a bit on the small side, mostly because the door opened into the bathroom and sort of blocked everything. I had to walk all the way into the bathroom (almost to the wall opposite the door) to be able to step around and swing the door shut so I could reach the toilet & shower. The vanity was huge, good toiletries, everything was clean & in working order, quiet shower, good pressure, plenty of hot water, good lighting.

amenities: Wish I had been able to spend more time there! I made use of the fitness center (fantastic treadmills!!) with towel & water service. If you forgot your headphones (to hook up to your cardio machine) be sure to borrow a pair from the front desk!) I also used the steam room (aaahhh wish I were there now). The sauna was in working order too but that's not my thing. They have an indoor + outdoor pool and volleyball court but I didn't get to use them. No breakfast, but they do have a deli/bakery/coffee shop downstairs with some delicious looking muffins and a retail store with juice & some dry foods as well. I didn't eat at any of its restaurants.

• 6 months later...

We booked this hotel through priceline for $46 a night in July 2011 with no expectations other than it being close to the airport, quick shuttles, and decent dining. All 3 expectations were met!

We dropped off our rental car the night that we were staying. Once we called for a pick up, the shuttle was there right away to pick us up. The driver was very friendly, took the time to carry our heavy suitcase into the bus and unload it at the hotel. It took less than 5 minutes.

Check in took even less time. I just gave my name and within a minute I had my keys. Shortest check in ever - the desk clerk practically threw the keys at me. Our room was on the 3rd floor close to the 2nd floor balcony. I thought it might be noisy since were were close to the elevator. I was actually very glad to be that close, a friend of ours had his room clear down the hallway on the 5th floor and it was a long walk to the elevator for him.

We didn't check out any of the pool areas or any other areas of the hotel. Wish there was free wifi throughout the hotel, but there is free wifi in the lobby and 2nd floor balconies. Our room was clean enough and the public areas looked immaculate.

Cons:

AC couldn't keep up so it wasn't very cool.

Bathroom is very tiny and there is no fan

Pros:

Hotel restaurant was really great the Turkey Guacamole Burger was outstanding. Our friend had the special seafood pasta which he really enjoyed.

Shuttle service - amazing speed and smiles from the drivers. Even at 5:00am

Quick check-in and check-out - I hate waiting in lines, service was very curt but I got what I needed.

Room Tip: Get a room closer to the elevators to avoid a long walk.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]