Priceline Hotel: Helsinki failed bids and counter-offer Jun 25-26, 2010

Romelle
By Romelle,
in

I've been inching up on bids for Helsinki 3*s for either Jun 25-26, or Jun 25-26-27.

At $65, my bid was just ignored for the three day span, but when I cut back to the two day span I got my first counter offer of +$17.

I'm not sure how far I'll keep bidding, as I can see some good options at $73 and $74. Still, thought I'd post in case someone else is bidding something similar. Bidding in areas where there isn't any track record here gets sort of lonely.

Also, I know it is way early. I might do the cancelable back-up thing, and then keep exploring the lower levels up to the last minute.

Romelle

Thanks for the info.

It's interesting that here in the United States, Sunday is traditionally the slowest hotel nite of the week and when one can usually find some of the lowest rates. This is the second time in recent memory where a user was having an issue getting a bid accepted at an overseas hotel based upon the inclusion of a Sunday nite. Just something interesting to keep an eye on.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I quit on Helsinki 3*s at a $71 bid, as I had located a different workable option at that level. While bidding, I also had unsuccessfully tried 2*s up to $51, for both the 3 and 2 night spans.

I got counter offers of +$17 intermittently for a while, and then started getting counter offers of +$22.

I haven't given up on PRICELINE bidding in general, just bidding for Helsinki.

Romelle

• 2 months later...

The date you used is a very special date!

It's midsummer holiday - the longest day of the year and most hotels are closed because this party is celebrated usually at the countryside with family:

Usually they have a BBQ and get drunk like hell (as every weekend)

I'd check prepaid sites as alpharooms, otel as they have good rates, you know what you get and BF is included. In priceline you get Holiday Inn West which is not bad but a bit off the city and should have similar rates on their own websites.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]