Hotwire Hotel: 1/23-1/24 nyc downtown/soho hotel options - help please

lodgegirlie
By lodgegirlie,
in

need help id'ing nyc downtown/soho hotel options as follows, for 1/23-1/24 stay, 2 ppl:

3* $100 restaurant, internet

2.5* $109 internet

4* $113 fitness, restaurant, business, internet (gild hall or soho grand are mentioned in your list... could it be something else too?)

3.5* $114 fitness, laundry, internet (sounds like this is club quarters downtown)

we would prefer to stay downtown, but if there are particular great hotels/great bargains elsewhere in manhattan, happy to consider those too.

any help is appreciated - thanks! will use HOTWIRE link above to book.

thanks!

What are you looking for from this stay... as the 2.5* and 3* hotels don't seem like decent values when compared to the 3.5* and 4* properties which are just a few dollars more??

There are lots of hotels which are priced well for this nite, but to say if they are 'better' or not, i'd first need to know why you want to stay in Downtown... is that where most of your plans will take you this trip or is there something you like about the area?

Thanks for using our PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

we have something to do in Tribeca sunday morning, so it would be nice to wake up in the area. It would be great to park our car saturday night and be able to walk to hudson st/canal st, rather than drive there. so that's why soho would be ideal.

and the $100 range is fine. Happy to pay $113 for the 4*, particularly if there's a good possibility I can ID it beforehand, and it's close to where we're going. hope you can help - thanks.

one more thing about the 4* - it says there are more than 500 reviews (80% recommend) - which I guess means on trip advisor - and the only 4* I can find on their site is the millennium hilton - but that's not on the better bidding list. ?? could it be that one?

The number of reviews is not related to the Tripavisor info.

The 4* downtown property matches both the Gild Hall and the Soho Grand, so either of these would be my best guess for this one, although with amenities so common for 4* hotel in NYC can't be too certain. Also, not sure if you intend to find parking on your own or valet at the hotel, but HOTWIRE states that valet parking at this 4* property is about $65/nite :) Best guess for the 3.5* is the Club Quarters.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

hmmm... well, this is getting tricky, because the wall st. area is included in soho/downtown on hotwire, but it's further from where we're going sunday. gild hall is in wall st, so i don't think i should chance going for the 4*. soho grand would be great, but there's no guarantee there. and the 3.5* club quarters is in wall st. area, too. so... do you have any idea which hotels the 2.5* listing just internet, and the 3* listing restaurant/internet could be?? If I can confidently identify any hotel very close to our sunday hudson/canal destination, I'd go for it.

as to parking ... will park, then walk to hotel. no matter which hotel we end up at. those NYC valet situations are horrible! and we use bestparking.com to find the best area rate on parking.

your help is really appreciated!

Neither the 2.5* or 3* have been identified. The Sohotel has previously been reported with just a Hi-Speed Internet icon, but at the 2* level... it's possible tha this property has been upgraded, but with just this solo icon i wouldn't specualte or draw the conclusion that this is the case. As well, even if it is, i don't think it would be every convenient for your plans.

Do you need to be at the corner of Canal and Hudson? If so, how about staying at the Holiday Inn Express and taking the subway on Sunday morning (leaving your car closer to the hotel)

we have to get to hudson/canal with some equipment on sunday AM - so would rather not take subway.

I just looked at the priceline hotel lists, and the two 3* options listed are hilton garden inn and the holiday inn downtown (duane st. hotel is listed as well, but priceline now shows that as a 2.5*) - both are easily walkable to hudson/canal. I may go ahead and bid on a soho 3* through priceline at $100; this seems most likely to land me in a good location. and it looks like both those hotels are perfectly fine places to stay one night..

will let you know how I fare... thanks again!

just to close this thread, I ended up NOT booking a downtown hotel through hotwire or priceline because I couldn't confidently identify one as being in the correct area - not wall st. but soho. I actually booked a midtown east hotel, the 3* doubletree metropolitan on lexington ave, through easyclicktravel.com - because the rate was amazing! - $82 - $97 including taxes and fees. (got to easyclicktravel - have never booked on there before, but they had by far the lowest rate for this hotel). we have to be on the upper east side saturday night, so we changed our hotel strategy, figuring it was easy enough to stay up there, then drive downtown to tribeca sunday morning. thanks again for all the help and sorry I couldn't provide further info on a downtown hotel!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]