Hotwire Hotel: 4* Ft Lauderdale (Hollywood Beach) Westin Diplomat Resort and Spa

Larys
By Larys,
in

Zone 2, downtown. I really want zone 2 only, becuase be are coming in from a cruise that day (5/2) and leave for the airport the next day. I figure maybe be could get a place in the airport zone, but we are getting in 5/2 at 9am and don't want to stuck at the airport location with nothing to do during the whole day on 5/2.

Like I said, really stange, because I got a 4 star for a Sat. night 4/24.

Like I said, really stange, because I got a 4 star for a Sat. night 4/24.

Rates are date specific, so it's really not strange at all. If you check the hotel you received for your 4/24 stay, the Renaissance, hotel direct rates for that nite start at $209/nite. Rates for your nite above, 5/2, this hotel is sold-out.

Will you have a rental car? What is your maximum bid for a 4* hotel in the Downtown zone? Maximum bid for a 3.5*? What is the best rate you're able to find at an acceptable hotel thru conventional booking channels?

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

You can certainly give it a try, but with prices i'm currently seeing, i think you're still going to have a tough time at your newly adjusted prices in the Downtown zone. What is the best rate you're able to fine for an acceptable hotel find in the Downtown zone? (if you haven't tried researching hotel direct rates then you really don't know what a 'good deal' is for this particular nite)

Have you considered renting a car for the day... it might give you some flexibility to stay further away from Downtown, and the cost of car plus hotel outside of Downtown may ultimately prove to cost less than a room in Downtown without a car.

Let us know your thoughts and how you'd like to proceed. If you'd like help with a bidding strategy (even if just for Downtown) let us know.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Congratulations on your success!

Hope you're happy with the results and this works well for your plans.

Can you please add a reply to this thread with the amenities shown before your purchase... you can still view this information by going to HOTWIRE and clicking the MY ACCOUNT link near the top right of their home page.

Thank you for sharing your results with the board and using our HOTWIRE link to begin your purchase.

Enjoy your stay.

A got the The Westin Diplomat Resort And Spa (4 star) on May 2rd for $79.

I used the link on BetterBidding for HOTWIRE

Sorry, I forgot to list the amenities that was listed for this hotel. The only thing that I remember now is that it was a Hollywood beach 4 star.

I'll remember next time.

EDIT by THEREAURE: amenities sent to me by the OP:

Amenities: Retaurant,near beach, fitness ctr. pools, bus. ctr, hi speed internet, golf near by

Sorry, I forgot to list the amenities that was listed for this hotel. The only thing that I remember now is that it was a Hollywood beach 4 star.
... you can still view this information by going to HOTWIRE and clicking the MY ACCOUNT link near the top right of their home page.

Can you please check the amenities thru the MY ACCOUNT link using the link at the top right of HOTWIRE's home page.

Thanks.

I'll remember next time.

Are you sure this was for the Diplomat for $79 in May?

When looking on hotwire this price is still available for those days but it lists near beach as one of the amenities. I would think that would be the crown plaza and not the westin.

Anyone know any surfire way to know when it is the westin diplomat vs the crown plaza ?

thanks

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$10 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SAVEMORE

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $100+ purchase... expires 05/19/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]