Priceline Hotel: Bidding Assistance 1/30/2010

wharvey
By wharvey,
in

Hello,

My boss just asked for some help... and I know this is the place to go.

She is planning to take her son and husband to a Bruins game on 1/30/2010. She would like to have a 4 star hotel near TD North arena.

I believe that would be in the Quincy Market/Fanuel Hall/Financial District on Priceline.

She has heard of my awesome deals in the past... and wonders if she could get a 4* for under $100 before taxes. What do you think?

Can you help me on bidding strategy? I do not know the Boston bidding area at all.

Thanks in advance.

William

If a guarantee of two beds is not needed, then you could go with PRICELINE, although you could possibly get any of the 4* hotels within the zone if you bid for. In terms of bedding for 2, when I search on HOTWIRE for 2 adults and 1 child for this particular date, I'm seeing a 4* in the Quincy/Financial area for $106 w/restaurant/fitness/smoke-free/business, which would appear to be a match (and the tripadvisor rating showing on the detail page would also be a match, which would be further evidence) for the Hilton Financial District, which is listed as 0.7M away from TD.

The Hilton Financial would be quite a long walk from the Garden, and it isn't close to any T stops.

I suggest the 3.5* in Copley/Back Bay, which is listed at $89. Would that be the Sheraton or Hilton? (Yellow Dog or other expert?) The reason is that those are both about three blocks from the Copley T stop. (The Garden is on the Green Line, so you wouldn't have to change or anything.) In my experience, taking the T after a Boston Garden event is much more pleasant than getting a cab or (shudder) driving.

Another good option, which I just noticed, is the 4* in Cambridge. It has a boutique icon, so wouldn't that be the Marlowe? If so, it's just a couple of blocks from the Lechmere station, which is also a very easy, direct T trip from the Garden. That looks like the best bargain in town, too -- $89 for a 4* boutique hotel.

Anyway, the real point is that even though those hotels are in different 'neighborhoods' from the Garden, they are at least as easy to get to as the Hilton Financial.

I hope your boss appreciates this! :)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]