Priceline Hotel: Washington DC Question - Parking March 2010

Randi
By Randi,
in

We are planning on spending 1-2 nights in Washington DC on our way home from Williamsburg and Jamestown. We are trying to spend less than $100 a night, including parking.

We are a couple with one small child.

We have had tons of luck on this site, so I thought I would ask for advice.

We plan on hitting a couple museums, but that is about it.

What does parking run in DC? We are cool with using public transportation and walking places, we just want to leave the car at the hotel.

What area would be the most convenient, safe and best price? I am willing to pay a bit more, but not much.

Glad to hear that the site has been helpful with prior trips! :)

Parking is generally pricey in DC, although some hotels in the outlying areas may be somewhat less expensive. To offer an example, the Marriott Wardman Park in DC is $32 per night (not as bad as the prices in NYC and Chicago, but still very expensive) for parking. Less than $100 per night including parking (does that include tax?) may be difficult in the main areas of DC if this a busy period in the area. With HOTWIRE and especially PRICELINE, it's difficult to pinpoint 100% a property that offers more reasonable parking.

Please provide your exact dates of travel and we will take a look to see what options may be available on your dates.

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchase.

Years ago I would stay out in Maryland then take the train in.

More often than not the hotels out there have free parking.

The catch is there are other costs as you have to get fairly close to the station, pay for a taxi, or pay (much lower) parking at the station. And then it's difficult to run back to the hotel for a break in the day...

I found that with the travel time, parking etc. it was worth it to pay for parking at the hotel in the city.

• 2 weeks later...

Parking in the city can vary wildly: the JW Marriott is about $50, but the Residence Inn is $20. Likewise in Arlington: the Palomar is $30 weeknights, $18 weekends (valet only), but the Hyatt is $17 (self) or $21 (valet) seven days a week. If you don't constrain yourself to your own hotel, you'll find something reasonable.

Also worth noting is how much DC hotel rates drop on the weekend. I've gotten 4* in Arlington for $80 (and not $75) on a Thursday, and $45 (and possibly lower, I just didn't think to try) on Friday, of the same week. It may be worth risking a hotel move and splitting your bid to get that kind of price break.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]