NE Omaha Courtyard Lavista Southwest

ElGrandeCheapo
By ElGrandeCheapo,
in

Stayed Jan 17-19 2010. This hotel opened April 2009. It is connected to the Embassy Suites and the LaVista Conference Center. Since it is new, I have no complaints. Everything clean and new including the Pool & hot tub. Often hotel pools / hot tubs are not working or not warm enough. This one was.

Free parking. Free internet. New exercise center. No free breakfast (if only this Embassy Suites used Priceline - sigh).

Appeared to have low occupancy (hotel just getting started).

We were pleased to get this hotel for $45 (web rates $99 - $109).

• 1 year later...

Have stayed here at least 7 times in the last 6 months. In the Southport West area right off I-80 and in a few short years, will be booming better than Old Market. My pluses: great area not far from downtown, everything is new, great desk service, shuttle for close trips. My minuses: no bar (although its a short walk to the Embassy's bar next door), no breakfast, no room service, no refrigerator in the room. On the weekends the hotel is darn near vacant unless the College World Series is in town or there's an event at the La Vista Conference Center. Seems the connecting Embassy Suites gets much more business, but those loyal to Marriott will appreciate the superior service and upscale feel to this hotel. I've seen a little more business on the weekdays, but its not much. All in all, great hotel, but don't look for anything spectacular until the area is fully developed.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]