Priceline Hotel: 4* Paris (Eiffel Tower-Grenelle-Montparnasse) Mercure Tour Eiffel

Guilherme Frey
By Guilherme Frey,
in

The good news is you will have breathtaking views of Tour Eiffel every time you come and go from your hotel.

I once stayed at the Hilton next door and regardless of how many times you've seen it you can't help being awed.

A word of caution: Transportation is not the best in that neighborhood. The Metro is a couple blocks away and even then it's on an oddball line and you'll need to transfer at Etoile. If you plan to take a taxi be prepared for a long wait if it's rush hour. Most people staying at those hotels are in town for business and I started getting nervous about my morning trip to the airport when I had to wait in the taxi line for nearly 30 minutes.

The neighborhood is otherwise quiet and peaceful.

Don't despair! I've stayed both at the Mercure (all be it over 20 years ago) and

at the Hilton (now Pullman) next door a couple of years ago. The location is

great and the metro is not far. RER also is close if you want to go to Versailles.

I have seen Trip Advisor reviews for hotels I've stayed in that have made me

wonder if the person was staying in the same hotel or not. Hopefully you'll

have a great time.

Rob

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]