Hotwire Hotel: Help Identifying 3.5* in MidTown East

taliategan
By taliategan,
in

Trying to find hotel for my wife and her friends going to NYC 3/6 to 3/8. Ran for 2 rooms, 8 adults. Would prefer Time Square - but seems better options and price in MidTown East.

The hotel I am looking at 3.5*, at $ 164.00 - following amenities - Fitness, Restaurant, Business Center, Internet 75% approval rating & 3.5 trip advisor rating. Seems like it could possibly be Roosevelt or Tudor or may Doubletree Metropolitan (although this was last report as a 4* with same amenities). Thank for any help, as I know very little about New York City.

The amenity set could be a match for any of those three properties. They are all reasonably well-reviewed properties, with the Roosevelt (I believe) having the smallest rooms of the 3. The Tudor is further East in MTE and not as centrally located. Not a terrible walk (especially if the weather holds up) and nice area.

4 adults per room is going to result in more limited options and higher rates in NYC; given regular rates when searching for 4 per room, this would likely be the least expensive 3.5*/4* option.

Please use the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchase.

Another possibility appears: The Courtyard 5th Avenue is $159 via Expedia, and - quite surprisingly - does not show any extra person fees when checking out (when searching for other properties during these dates w/4 in the room, some other properties showed extra person fees as much as $100 additional per night.) There's also an option w/breakfast for $175.20

Please use the site's Expedia.com link if this idea is of interest.

I'll also add that in NYC room rates tend to jump when searching for more than double occupancy.

Not sure how flexible you're budget is but if you change your HOTWIRE search to 4rooms/8adults there are 3.5* options available at $115-$130... at the low end of the range only about $30 more per nite which might make the sleeping arrangements a bit easier, as well as give them two extra bathrooms to use when getting ready to go out. As well, once you're only seeking double occupancy, PRICELINE can become an option as well, and the difference may become even smaller.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for the tips. I think the Roosevelt would be better for them location wise than the Tudor. I know they want to see Hair - I'm not sure what else they are planning for NYC. They were looking at the Marriott Marquis which was $ 259 a night. I ran the search for 8 adults - it could actually be 7 or 6, but if I book now it would be better to book for more rather than less people. I'll have my wife e-mail the group and see if they can reach a consensus. I may also tell them to book a cancelable rate at this time and wait until closer to the trip to book through HOTWIRE so I know a definite number of people in case anyone would decide to cancel.

• 4 weeks later...

Wanted tp provide an update - one of wife's friends was able to find a rate of $199, $231 total, for Westin Time Square. Not sure where she found this rate, as I could not find for 4 adults in a room. Prepayment was required. The dates changed to 3/5 to 3/7, rather than 3/6 to 3/8. There was very little showing on Hotwire for Time Square, and wife and her friends were set on staying in Time Square area. Thanks for your help.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]