Priceline Hotel: 4* Los Angeles (Airport LAX) Westin LAX

PrisonBull
By PrisonBull,
in

4* LAX Renaissance $70 February 25, 2010 - February 26, 2010

Something must be going on during this time as I had rejected bids through several days from $45-65.

Regardless, we are very happy to stay at this property for this price. Hotels near Disneyland and San Diego to follow in subsequent threads.

(As an aside, I looked into getting a hotel at the Vancouver airport prior to our departure and if it isn't full, it's priced near $900 per night - 2010 Olympics!)

And as always I used the PRICELINE link from the site.

Congratulations on your success! :)

Glad you are pleased with the result. Can you confirm which property you won - you note Renaissance in the thread, but the title had the Westin LAX listed. Thanks. :)

Certainly seems like sky-high pricing already for the Olympics.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board and using the site's PRICELINE link.

Enjoy your stay.

• 1 month later...

Just returned from here.

Checked in just past midnight. Lots of friendly, helpful staff. Airport shuttle every 15 minutes was great. Asked preference of one or two beds. Took the two beds. Turned out to be two double beds. Too tired to care. Lots of airport noise. Room was very dirty and very old. Mold in the grout. Lots of dust. Homeless people hanging around outside - approached my wife but no employees shooed them away. Lineup for daytime check out was long. Quite possibly the worst 4 star I have ever stayed in. Other than the lobby/restaurant/lounge everything appeared to be in need of renovating. Should have stayed at a 3.5*

Dropped off my rental car at 1215am. Asked shuttle driver to drop me off near Westin and was no problem - saved me from going to airport to wait for the hotel shuttle. Tipped him nicely! Deluxe rented me a car that had expired tags (December 2009!). Needless to say I was a bit upset to be pulled over by the CHP. Good thing I brought my badge... it did give the kids a thrill and a story to tell...

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]