Priceline Hotel: 3.5* NYC (MTE) Marriott Eastside

pfarrelli
By pfarrelli,
in

Hi,

I have gotten the Grand Hyatt in NYC once in the past. Love the hotel and love the location adjacent to Grand Central Station.

I think my winning bid was $140ish, but that was four years ago.

Is there any suggestions as to what I can do in Priceline to increase my chances of securing the GH given the fact that Priceline picks a hotel for you based on your search criteria?

Thanks.

P

There is no way to target, or avoid, a specific hotel when using PRICELINE.

If you're try target a specific property HOTWIRE may be a better option if you're able to identify the hotel you're hoping for. What are the date(s) of your stay? What is your budget for this trip?

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases... and your searches too!

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

The Grand Hyatt as been reported to the board thru both PRICELINE and HOTWIRE, but a quick search of HOTWIRE for your date doesn't reveal what i believe to be the Grand Hyatt offered for your dates.

With HOTWIRE there is no bidding involved. For a primer on the similarities, and differences, between PRICELINE and HOTWIRE see this I've Never Used Priceline or Hotwire thread.

Feel free to ask any questions you have regarding the above... let us know how you'd like to proceed and we'll advise accordingly.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 3 weeks later...

Is there a code for SoHo area (similar to MTE, MTW etc)?

Anwyay, went to PRICELINE though BB link and just bid $105 for 4* SoHo (zone 4) for 2/13.

I was rejected.

Now I want to add any of what I believe are no 4* zones. (1,3,6,7,11). Correct me if I am wrong.

Question: Can I keep the same price of $105 and expect a possible win in SoHo area, or is it essentually bidding the same amount for the same rating in the same zone, which may basically be asking for a rejection?

Thanks.

Also .. Wouldn't mind MTE if it will get me the Grand Hyatt, although SoHo is my choice as we are going to a concert in that area and want to see Little Italy, China town, SoHo. etc.

bidding will have to be increased per bet.

add an additional zone (with no 4*+ hotels in that location) this is to enable another bet on the location bet. then increase the bid value with it.

basically that's just saying bid on my preferred location $x amount more. Keep adding zones and increasing bet value.

If it fails, you can try again the next day starting at the same start bid. $105. If you keep failing, then you basically need to bid more or go down to a 3.5*

I think the following zones in NYC have no 4* so I can feel safe to use them as my free rebids??

Can anyone confirm this?

Also,

Will the third bid in the following example get rejected as a duplicate bid?

Bid 1 - MTE 4* $100

Bid 2 - SoHo 4* $100

Bid 3 - MTE, SoHo, 4*, $100

Finally, is there a link to an EXAMPLE bidding pattern somewhere (where you try a few bids .. restart browser .. bid more .. etc)?

I have seen some around for specific posts but I can't seem to stumble across any right now.

Thanks

Please keep all posts for the same stay in the same thread.

Now I want to add any of what I believe are no 4* zones. (1,3,6,7,11).
Please use the PRICELINE names of the zone rather than the numbers assigned to them (as the zone numbers change as zones are re-named and/or added and removed)
... Soho is my choice...
You do realize that the zone you're bidding includes much more than the Soho area, as it also includes much of the Financial area, and odds favor your ending up in the Downtown/Financial part of the zone vs. the Soho part of the zone (based upon the number of hotels available in each part of the zone and percent of winning bids we typically see in each part of the zone)

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

I am getting frustrated as I have been bidding using BB link and re-bid techniques all week in the $95 - $125 range for 4*, MTE. I saw someone got Grand Hyatt for $105 and Roosevelt for less (not sure what dates), so I thought my bid would be reasonable.

Out of frustration I just tried $135 for 3.5* MTE, TS and still nothing!!!

What is one to do?? Is the VD weekend making my offers unrealistic?

I really am hoping to keep prrice with tax around or less than $160. Taxes run $30 or so.

Rates are inflated for this nite on account of Valentine's Day. Based upon current rates i don't think you're close at $130/nite.

What is the purpose of this stay... would staying outside of the city in an area easily commutable work for your plans?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Rates are inflated for this nite on account of Valentine's Day. Based upon current rates i don't think you're close at $130/nite.

What is the purpose of this stay... would staying outside of the city in an area easily commutable work for your plans?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Purpose is concert Sat night near downtown/soho and general sight seeing on Sat and Sun.

Out of the city not really desireable.

Suggestions? May have to pay more if not outrageous.

Sorry about the multi-thread.

As mentioned, prices are quite high due to V-day - HOTWIRE has Midtown 4*'s in the mid-200's. Orbitz has the 4* Club Quarters World Trade Center for $199, and coupon code WELCOME10 takes 10% off = $180. The Millennium Hilton is $209. Are you interested in bidding for the downtown area?

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

As mentioned, prices are quite high due to V-day - HOTWIRE has Midtown 4*'s in the mid-200's. Orbitz has the 4* Club Quarters World Trade Center for $199, and coupon code WELCOME10 takes 10% off = $180. The Millennium Hilton is $209. Are you interested in bidding for the downtown area?

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Well .. we did think of the DT area but never really stayed in that area before and not sure if it would lend itself to fun activities/sight seeing.

Could always take public transportation, I know, but being in mid-town is optimal preference.

Any idea, historically, what I should be bidding for 3.5 or 4* to snag a room?

Thanks

asdiqui,

Thanks for sharing your failed bid info for your dates. If you'd like help with your own stay feel free to start a NEW TOPIC... and please use the requested PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your future bidding and purchases.

Also, please follow-up your previous Hotwire Orlando thread with whatever you ended up doing for that stay.

Thanks.

Alright

I got a room .. not thrilled with the price but hey it's VD!

Used BB PRICELINE link (of course)

Bid MTE, MTW, TS 4*

$150, denied, add rebid zone

$160, denied, add rebid zone

$170, denied, add rebid zone

$180 ... NUTHIN!

restarted browser

Bid MTE, MTW, TS 3.5*

$140, denied, add rebid zone

$150, denied, add rebid zone

$160, denied, add rebid zone

$170 ... ACCEPTED!

Marriot New york East Side

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you got this stay settled and hopefully this will work well for your needs.

For breakfast in the morning (assming you skip room service) give Ess-A-Bagel (Third Ave at 51st St) a try which is an easy walk from this hotel.... one of the best bagels in the city and makes for a relatively inexpensive breakfast among local NYers.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board and using our PRICELINE link to begin your bidding.

Enjoy your stay and Valentine's Day in the city.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]