Priceline Hotel: 3.5* NYC (MTE) Roosevelt Hotel

dechass
By dechass,
in

hey guys,

We are staying in new york from 28th May 2010, and checking out 2nd June.

I have a back up (the pod hotel(queen pod)) booked. It is ok, but very small and quite pricey even by NY standards.

I noticed the wins in the calender for the previous month.

Priceline Hampton Inn Times Square

I would be very pleased with this.

I've looked at the reviews for the other possible 2.5* and they look good too.

Is it too early to start bidding?

If not.....

Can I have a bidding strategy?

I would like a maximum bid of $110 for this.

Anything else required?

Thank you.

Rates vary from day-to-day, and wins for a previous month are not likely to reflect the level of bid required for your date. Late Spring can be more expensive.

Please provide more detail about what you are looking for: what would be your desired star rating, zones of interest, etc?

What is the rate that you have for the back-up at the Pod?

Please use the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchase.

The Hampton Inn above is in the MSG-Convention Center zone... is this the only zone you're willing to accept?

I'll also comment that in NYC we usually recommend sticking with hotels rated a little higher... while this 2.5* property may be fine and perfectly acceptable, there may be others at this star level which are not, and with PRICELINE you can't choose which type you will get. However, it's up to you as you know your needs, budget, and expectations better than we do.

Let us know regarding the zone(s) and if you want to stick with a 2.5* minimum and we'll take it from there.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hello,

Ok theruare i'll bid for higher rated hotels first, thanks.

Aaron - The Pod Hotel I have is $169 a nite before taxes.

I feel this is quite expensive, To start with I would like to bid as high as $110.

areas to include - (in this order of preference, but price is more important than location as they are all close to each other).

times square

midtown east - midtown west - CPS

Madison Sq G - empire state Building

I have time, so for now, I'll try these areas. 4 star deluxe only for maximum $110 before taxes.

Maybe try chelsea and downtown later or upping my max bid, but for now as time is on my side i'll try this please.

I'm aware that the chances of being successful are low, but this will get me started and help me get familiar with PL. Also there were a couple of wins around the 105 mark for same time last year.

Is my thinking ok so far?

Do you need anything else to get me a bidding strategy?

Thanks in advance.

Since price is more important than location, i'm assuming that you want to start trying for a 4* hotel, in any of the zones listed above, with a maximum bid for $110. If this is correct i'd being as follows:

At the 4* level in NYC you have FIVE re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

(NOTE: 're-bid zone1' is not the same as priceline's Zone1, 're-bid zone2' is not the same as priceline's Zone2, etc, etc)

Select 4* MTE, MTW, TS, CPS, and ESB...

Bid $90, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $95, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $100, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $105, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $108, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $110

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Since price is more important than location, i'm assuming that you want to start trying for a 4* hotel, in any of the zones listed above, with a maximum bid for $110. If this is correct i'd being as follows:

At the 4* level in NYC you have FIVE re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

(NOTE: 're-bid zone1' is not the same as priceline's Zone1, 're-bid zone2' is not the same as priceline's Zone2, etc, etc)

Select 4* MTE, MTW, TS, CPS, and ESB...

Bid $90, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $108, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $110

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Hi,

ok, tried that, no luck.

(I took out Times Square, after reading your advice on here somewhere.)

Could you give me a strategy for

MTE, MTW, TS, CPS, and ESB, and MSG for 3 star upscale with the same maximum bid of $110 please.

Thanks

I don't think there's any re-bid zones at the 3* level. You could try bidding for a 3.5*, but I'm guessing a realistic starting bid would still be at the $90 level, given the late Spring period.

Please use the site's PRICELINE or HOTWIRE links to start your purchase.

yeah sorry, i meant the next star rating down from 4 star, so yeah 3.5 star.

chelsea, long island and upper east side are only rebid zones for 3.5 star, is that correct?

can i have a strategy for this please?

Thanks

Board moderator thereuare will be back in a few days and is not currently available to offer a strategy.

After looking at what is available and considering the amount of time in advance, I would start bidding for a 3.5* MTE, MTW, TS, CPS, and ESB... at $85 and work higher using re-bidding, although please do be careful when re-bidding. When searching, I'm seeing 3* as the highest level available in LIC, UES & Chelsea, although please do check again before bidding.

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases.

Board moderator thereuare will be back in a few days and is not currently available to offer a strategy.

After looking at what is available and considering the amount of time in advance, I would start bidding for a 3.5* MTE, MTW, TS, CPS, and ESB... at $85 and work higher using re-bidding, although please do be careful when re-bidding. When searching, I'm seeing 3* as the highest level available in LIC, UES & Chelsea, although please do check again before bidding.

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases.

I did this.......

Select 3.5* MTE, MTW, CPS, ESB and MSG...

Bid $85, if rejected add re-bid zone 1

Bid $90, if rejected add re-bid zone 2

Bid $95, if rejected add re-bid zone 3

Bid $100.

I'll have to wait another 24 hours to bid again.

Am I missing anything?

Select 4* MTE, MTW, CPS, and ESB...

Bid $110, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $112, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $115.

I tried this, without success.

I think I'll try $120 next for 4 star again.

At this point in time what is your maximum bid?

At what point (time and our bid amount) do you consider lower rated hotels and/or other zones... or would you then prefer your backup at the Pod?

thanks for the advice JB and Haider.

At this point in time what is your maximum bid?

At what point (time and our bid amount) do you consider lower rated hotels and/or other zones... or would you then prefer your backup at the Pod?

Hi Thereuare,

at this stage, I'm going to bid for 3.5 star, maximum bid $120.

can i have a strategy for this please

cheers.

dechass,

Next round i'd try as follows:

Select 3.5* MTE, MTW, CPS, ESB and MSG...

Bid $105, if rejected add re-bid zone 1

Bid $110, if rejected add re-bid zone 2

Bid $115, if rejected add re-bid zone 3

Bid $120.

Haider,

Please don't re-post your own rejected bids in this thread since the OP is trying for different dates and a different star rating. As we reply to threads, it can get confusing keeping your rejected bids (for your dates) separate from the OP's.

Thanks.

My bid at $120 was succesfull.

The Roosevelt Hotel New York 45Th And Madison Avenue.

any opinions on this hotel, location looks good, but the reveiws on trip advisor are mixed!.

well, it is what it is, i'm sure it'll be fine.

We've made a saving, thanks for your help and advice.

Do i need to add this to the calendar of wins? or change the title or anything else?

Thanks again.

Congratulations on your success! :)

This is a very well-located NYC property; some of the reviews may be mixed, but this is a historic property (which may not be everyone's cup-of-tea) and many of the reviews are likely from those who paid full price (and may have had differing expectations.) The full rate for these dates is $249 per night.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board and using the site's PRICELINE link.

Enjoy your stay.

The rooms here vary in quality and many of them are on the smallish side (remember, it is NYC!)... but for the price paid i'm sure it'll be fine.

I'll also add that you're near my often recommended Ess-A-Bagel (Third Ave at 51st St) which i suggest giving a try for breakfast. One of the best bagels in the city and makes for a good, relatively inexpensive, breakfast among locals.

Thanks for the post and using our PRICELINE link.

Have a great time in NYC!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$10 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SAVEMORE

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $100+ purchase... expires 05/19/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]