Priceline Hotel: 3.5* Ft Lauderdale (Airport FLL) Hilton

beachlover12
By beachlover12,
in

Hello,

I am looking for help in getting a deal on a hotel either through priceline or hotwire, basically i was looking to get a ball park price off hotwire then use it to base my bid on priceline either in Boca Raton or Ft Lauderdale area, 3.5 star or higher for dates 1/13-1/16. I was originally most interested in Boca Raton but get nothing when using these dates, but have checked hotwire and when I just use dates of 1/14-1/16, I think what comes up may be hilton suites, its shows a 3 star hotel (used to 3.5) in Boca for $75 with amenities: suites, breakfast, pool, internet, fitness center, laundry facilities, business and non smoking, I like this hotel so am hoping its it but if I book this then still need another night for 1/13 so I am not sure what to do. FLL area has many to choose from but much higher in price, I was hoping to keep it around 100 night or less and was hoping not to have resort fees or parking fees. I guess I have a few questions, do you think that is hilton or could it also be embassy or double tree (these would be ok too) or anything else. Would you have any suggestions as to an area in Fl not way out west where I could expect to pay this range in a 3.5 star or up, or would it be impossible now, many hotels I think I can identify dont show availability so I am having trouble :)

Welcome to BetterBidding!

My best guess for the 3* in Boca Raton is the Springhill Suites, upgraded from the previously reported 2.5* level.

What is the purpose of this stay? For a little more than your $100 budget (assuming that's room rate excluding fees/taxes) you could get something nice, likely beachfront, in the Hollywood zone. If willing to travel to stay cheaper, there are some 3* rated properties within your budget, for your complete stay, in the plantation area which include breakfast.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases... and your searches too!

Let us know how you'd like to proceed and we'll advise accordingly.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thank you, I was hoping it was the hilton, not familiar at all with the hotel you mentioned, this is a pleasure pre cruise stay and I will have a rental car so anywhere is really ok, I have friends in Boca so always try to be there first. I was afraid to go to Hollywood zone as when I was looking at those, they seemed higher, and not really beachfront (intercoastal?) like i did read about the crowne plaza and 2 westin resorts, there I would love to be beachfront but then too the concern is some of those have parking fees of $18+ per night too. Any and all advice is VERY much appreciated.

P.S. I probably should have said too, just about the only area I dont want to be is way out west in plantation, sawgrass, etc I would like to keep it close to 100 as possible inc everything but if there is something way nicer of course I wouldnt mind paying a little more to get it :)

If budget is your primary concern, and you're willing to accept any hotel in the zone(s) you select at the minimum star rating or higher that you choose, then let us know the the zones, by PRICELINE name, that you're willing to accept, the minimum star level, and your maximum bid (excluding fees and taxes... leaving room for any additional charges such as resort fees and parking) and we'll suggest a strategy for you to follow.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

ok, thank you, I would like to get (not sure if this is unreasonable or unreal because it has been gotten before but I realize every time is different) but what I really am looking for is preferably a 3.5 star and up, in either boca area and pretty much any fll area but west, I wouldnt mind the beach or downtown areas at all its just that I realize with those they have parking fees and also some extra resort tax, etc. I would like to walk out the door (total) around 100/night if possible, if there is something wonderful for a little more, I would do that too, I did see I could get some of those resorts in the hollywood (FLL Beach area) for probably around 110 plus but add in parking and fees and it then becomes closer to 140 or so, which is higher than I really do want to spend. I wouldnt mind any hotel in this criteria, I am afraid though to go straight 3 star because some of those are really sometimes 2.5 star, which I had a bad experience in, in same are, so now unfortunately I have become accustomed now to 3+ star places :) I guess let me know what else I can tell you or how I can help myself and if I am posting properly. Thanks again

In doing a search including Deerfield on hotwire for my dates of 1/13-1/16, a 3 star for 99 came up with the following amenities: Beachfront, Restaurant, Pool, Fitness, Hi-Speed Internet, I am thinking perhaps this is the Howard Johnson Ocean Plaza Resort? They do show availability for my dates, do you think this is it? It looks pretty good if it is, it does say there is a $10 pkg fee which is pretty low compared to the rest, is there anything else it might be. Also is priceline pretty comparable, like if I now went into priceline in that area and put in that price (or slightly less) would I likely get this or does it then become a whole another ball game? Thanks

There are a few 'unknowns' when using PRICELINE... resort fees, parking charges (if any), etc. which is why you need to determine a bid amount that you're comfortable with which leaves enough cushion for any extra charges. Then let us know which zones, by PRICELINE name (don't tell us the zones you won't accept... just the list the ones that you will accept as it avoids any confusion), and we will suggest a strategy for you to follow at the 3.5* level.

I understand that the Beach zone may have resort fees, downtown may have parking fees, etc, but you have to decide if, given the 'unknowns', if you want to include these zones or not, and if so, how high of a big you're willing to make to account for any extra charges, the amount of which is currently unknown. We have no way of knowing these charges either, so there is no way for us to suggest a strategy based upon a $100 'all-in' amount.

Often HOTWIRE is a better option when you want to have a better idea of your 'all-in' amount since for most hotels they now show the resort fee (if any), and if you can make an educuated guess as to the hotel offered, you can also research the parking charges (if any)... but currently all zones that are acceptable to you are are over your budget, which leaves rolling the dice a bit with PRICELINE your likely best option, but it will also not likely be an easy task given how much HOTWIRE rates are beyond your budget.

Hi Again,

Thank you for your reply. I will use your link when I am ready to bid, which hopefully will be very soon :) sounds from you like priceline is the way to go, I think this time I am just hesitant because it seems that all of the common hotels they use, well alot of them it seems, ones where people have recently gotten rooms in my range and location, arent showing availability for the dates I need. Of course I would really prefer to be in the same place for all 3 nights unless its not possible, from your reply, it may not seem possible given what I want to pay and where I want to be, I hope though not impossible. I guess if using priceline, I would either accept the Boca Raton-North Deerfield Beach (zone 1) areafor a place in Boca, or in FLL , the zones of #2, 4, and 5, downtown, airport, and beach, respectively, then of course we could use the other areas that dont have anything higher than 3 star, there do seem to be a few so hopefully that helps. I realize too when going Boca, zone 2 doesnt have anything above 2.5 star so it would be easy to include both of those as well. If bidding in Boca I would probably keep my top price lower because I dont expect to have as many available options that including the resort and parking fees so there I would guess ideally my top would probably be about $99 but again, would be willing to go higher if something worth it were potentially out there, like for ex if you said to me there is only a 4 star for a little more, etc. If going FLL I would probably prefer to stay around that $80 range, only to account for the potential extra fees, if you could let me know how realistic this is, it would help, if its not, I will have to be more flexible as I am really going to be running out of time and would go a little higher maybe without the downtown and beach area because I know in the airport area I wouldnt incur parking or resort fees, I am just not sure what the best way to go is here. I do know hotwire has 4 star for 113 and 155 in the FLL beach area and I have checked the 3 potential 113 ones, which I believe to be the 2 westins and the crowne plaza and the 155 one which I think is Il Luguna and with all the parking charges for each place, and extra resort tax, it will just come out too high for me for 3 nights and that is why I am needing your help. Thanks again...

Please keep all posts for the same stay in the same thread... i've just merged your Deerfield Beach post 3 above this one into this thread.

The Deerfield Beach property is a match for the Howard Johnson Ocean Plaza Resort so that would be my best guess for that one. If you decide instread to bid on PRICELINE, you coudl receive any hotel in the zone at the star rating (or higher) that you select.

I will use your link when I am ready to bid...
Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases... and your searches too!

Let us know how you'd like to proceed.

Thanks again, I really would like to go priceline still if possible, after reading up some more on the HJ, and learning too that its classified as 2 star on priceline, honestly, I hesitate, I would much rather have a 3.5 or 4, if you think its possible, based on my info in my previous post with specifics do you think you would be able to help me soon, I do need to hopefully get this done tonight, at least I hope anyway because tomorrow I wont have as much time....I am sorry too I didnt realize I should keep my posts together especially if 2 different subjects/areas. I also didnt know I needed to search through your link/engine either, I realize you need me to bid through it but was unaware searching was beneficial as well. I will do that then, although normally I do multiple searches and multiple windows and noticed earlier that when I try that with this site I lose the info on one, I am not sure if its my comp or what but anyway, I guess at this point I will wait to hear from you again, if you dont mind, I am just not sure if what I am looking for is realistic, what do you think? I mean the Boca and/or FLL 3.5 or 4 star, not the Deerfield. Thanks

I decided to do a search while awaiting your reply, of course this time through your link :) on HOTWIRE of FLL for my dates, the following came up, would you be able to help me identify any of these, while I really would prefer staying in the same hotel for 3 nights, if it helps me to get the price I need, I would be willing to change areas just for the 1st night which seems to have the problem with availability, like for example, if need be, for the just the first night I would be willing to add the weston davie plantation area. Ideally though I would prefer the areas mentioned in my previous post for the 3 nights, anyway, this is what just came up when I searched both ways, unfortunately not much for the 3 nights and more for the 1 night so maybe if you could help me identify these I could book 2 different ones whatever you think is best for my situation:

Just for the 1 night 1/13, In Las Olas - Downtown - Port Everglades Hotel, 4 star, $95, amenities shown are fitness center, pool, business center, restaurant and high speed internet, Also in same area a 3.5 star for $95, with amenities of :smoke free rooms, pool, restaurant, and business center,

when searching for my 3 nights in this area, this same 3.5 star hotel came up but for $96

for the one night, in Fort Lauderdale Beach Area, 4 star, $114, amenities shown are oceanfront, pool, restaurant, fitness center, business center, high speed internet and spa

But when searching the 3 nights the only one in this area is a different (I think because of the laundry icon) 4 star, and for $139 with these amenities: oceanfront, pool, fitness center, restaurant, business center, high speed internet, laundry, spa

For the one night, Weston/Plantation/Davie- a 3 star for $69 with fitness center, pool, restaurant, laundry, and high speed internet (just curious on this one for the 1 night if need be but dont want to be in this area for 3 nights)

In Boca, only the one we discussed already came up, the 3 star, but was wondering now what the 2.5 star is too if you know, since the 3 is classified as a 2 anyway on priceline, its shows in Boca, 2.5 star with amenities of: pool, fitness, shuttle, breakfast, business center, high speed internet, laundry

If you could help me identify any of these I would so much appreciate it, although I would prefer to go priceline if you think you can help me, if not, and this is the only other alternative, I will go this route too. I just dont know what else to really search right now :) Thank you again

Please try to decide what it is you really want... let's go back to basics:

PRICELINE is usually a little cheaper than HOTWIRE, but HOTWIRE gives you the ability to know the amenities a hotel offers before your purchase, and also the ability to take an educated guess as to the property you may receive.

If price is the most important factor than PRICELINE is usually the better option... if you need a specific amenity for this stay and/or would like to have the ability to take an educated guess before your purchase, then HOTWIRE may be the better option.

What is more important to you for this stay? (price or having a guess as to the property offered)

I just really would like to book something as soon as possible, while price to me is the most important, you said in previous it may not be possible to find what I am looking for so I thought by checking into the other hotels (via hotwire) I would maybe be able to find something that way too. If you can help me please let me know, I am well aware of the differences in priceline and hotwire its just usually I use hotwire as a gauge for where I may even start my bids on priceline, in this case I am unsure of which ones are even coming up as many of the hotels commonly used just arent having availability for the dates I need, I am not sure what else I can tell you other than what I have already posted, please let me know if you need any other information and/or if you think you can help me tonight because I really would like your help and would like to get this done. Thanks again

...price to me is the most important...

So let's try PRICELINE first.

Please list the zones (by PRICELINE name), maximum bid price, and the minimum star level that you're willing to accept.

If you refer to post #8, I had provided all of that information but here it is again what I wrote earlier....

I would either accept the Boca Raton-North Deerfield Beach (zone 1) area for a place in Boca, or in FLL , the zones of #2, 4, and 5, downtown, airport, and beach, respectively, for a place in Ft Lauderdale. Ideally my top would probably be about $99 in the Boca area but again, would be willing to go higher if something worth it were potentially out there, like for ex if you said to me there is only a 4 star for a little more, etc. I would be willing. If going FLL I would probably prefer to stay around that $80 range if possible, only to account for the potential extra fees, if you could let me know how realistic this is, it would help, if its not, which I dont think it may be, I will have to be more flexible as I am really going to be running out of time and would be willing to go a little higher maybe without the downtown and beach area because I know in the airport area I wouldnt incur parking or resort fees, I am just not sure what the best way to go is here because of the time factor and now I only have one day left. I had asked you for help in identifying the specific hotwire hotels in the previous post because I dont think I have enough time now to even get something on priceline if I am not bidding high enough. Would you please provide that information for me as well this time when replying so I can work both if necessary. I only ask for this all at once because I do not have very much time left. I have no problem bidding either way or both ways through your links. Thank you.

Forgive me for intruding, but I have been following your thread and I believe it would be helpful to thereuare if you made a list like he asked...I could be wrong, but I think he is envisioning something like this:

FORT LADERDALE

Zone 5 (Ft Lauderdale Beach Area)- minimum 3*, maximum bid $95 + fees

Zone 7 (Hollywood)- minimum 3.5*, maximum bid $105 + fees

BOCA RATON

Zone 1 (Boca Raton-North Deerfield Beach)- minimum 4*, maximum bid $105 + fees

etc.

Just an idea! That might be easier for him to know exactly what you want to help you faster, because I know you are trying to get this done quickly.

Good luck!

Thank you Elle, I didnt think you were intruding at all, I am just really not quite understanding what more I need to do or ask and its been all day yesterday and today and I still feel like I am at square 1, I was hoping for some help but I guess in reality I dont have enough time to get help from here so last minute I realize many people are on this site a day but I guess I thought the replies would be faster, my fault. Today is my last day before I leave. If anyone can help me at this point, I would be grateful. I am very much interested in booking something either through priceline or hotwire but now since I have no time left I am not sure if priceline can even be an option for me unless my bid is accepted today. However, using priceline, what I am looking for is this :

PRICELINE BIDDING HELP:

FORT LAUDERDALE

Zone 2 (Downtown)-minimum 3.5*, maximum bid $80 +fees

Zone 4 (FLL Airport)- minimum 3.5*, maximum bid $90 + fees

Zone 7 (FLL beach)- minimum 3.5*, maximum bid $80 + fees

BOCA RATON

Zone 1 (Boca Raton-North Deerfield Beach)- minimum *3, maximum bid $100 + fees

Due to my situation of having to book something TODAY, I was hoping for help in maybe identifying these hotels on hotwire since my bids may not be accepted on priceline and I just dont have another 24 hours to really wait, so if anyone could please help me try and identify any of these at all, I would be EXTREMELY grateful at this point. I have to do something today no matter what.

HOTWIRE BIDDING HELP:

Las Olas - Downtown - Port Everglades Hotel, 4 star, $95, amenities shown are fitness center, pool, business center, restaurant and high speed internet, 3.5 Las Olas - Downtown - Port Everglades Hotel, 3.5 star, for $95, with amenities of :smoke free rooms, pool, restaurant, and business center,

Fort Lauderdale Beach Area, 4 star, $114, amenities shown are oceanfront, pool, restaurant, fitness center, business center, high speed internet and spa

Fort Lauderdale Beach Area, 4 star, $139, with these amenities: oceanfront, pool, fitness center, restaurant, business center, high speed internet, laundry, spa

Weston/Plantation/Davie- 3 star for $69 with fitness center, pool, restaurant, laundry, and high speed internet

Boca Raton, 2.5 star for $79, with amenities of: pool, fitness, shuttle, breakfast, business center, high speed internet, laundry

Boca Raton, 2.5 star for $69, with fitness, pool, laundry and high speed internet

Boca Raton, 2.5 star for $109, breakfast, fitness center, and pool

Once again, I am reiterating, I would prefer to try priceline, at least my one round of bids first, HOWEVER, due to my time constraints and I realize not everyone can constantly reply to my posts all day, if you can only help me with one site at a time, perhaps realistically speaking I should go for hotwire right now, even though its going to cost me more, its better than having nothing, I am afraid if you reply again with only the priceline info, I will run out of time later to even attempt to get something via hotwire should my bids not go through. I am not intending to be confusing or difficult or anything, I just need help very quickly. So what I am saying is, if you can only reply one more time to me today, would you please help me to identify any/all of these hotels for hotwire, then I can at least know 100% that I can bid and be successful. If you can help me both ways in one reply I wil be thrilled too, its just that it is getting late in the day and I do need to get something today. Once again, I thank you for your time, replies, and anticipated help.

In Ft Lauderdale at the 3.5* level you have FOUR re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

(NOTE: 're-bid zone1' is not the same as priceline's Zone1, 're-bid zone2' is not the same as priceline's Zone2, etc, etc)

Select 3.5* Downtown and Airport

Bid $55, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $60, if rejected add re-bid zone2...

Bid $65, if rejected close browser and use our link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 3.5* Ft Lauderdale Beach

Bid $55, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $60, if rejected add re-bid zone2...

Bid $65, if rejected close browser and use our link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 3.5* Downtown and Airport and re-bid zone3

Bid $70, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $75, if rejected add re-bid zone2...

Bid $80, if rejected close browser and use our link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 3.5* Ft Lauderdale Beach and re-bid zone3

Bid $70, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $75, if rejected add re-bid zone2...

Bid $80, if rejected close browser and use our link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 3.5* Ft Lauderdale Airport and re-bid zone4

Bid $85, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $90

If the above is rejected you have one re-bid zone when bidding 3* in Deefield Beach.

Select 3* Deefield Beach...

Bid $85, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $100

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]