Priceline Hotel: 3.5* Cleveland (Downtown) Hyatt Regency Arcade

fastmiele
By fastmiele,
in

I read the forum and looked at the price range for 3.5* in Downtown Cleveland. The threshold seemed to be somewhere around $35-$60 so I started at $35 and continued to add zones (that did not have 3.5 star) for free re-bids at $35,$37,$39 and $42. I eventually won the bid at $45 plus taxes and fees, so I am pretty happy. I made note of some other postings on much later dates in 2010 were getting winning bids close to the $60 range which made me a bit nervous.

Funny thing is that I read up on the list of 3.5* hotels and mapped them out prior to bidding. I also went to tripadvisor to read reviews. The Cleveland Arcade caught my attention in that its an old historical converted shopping mall. Looks pretty nice and interesting, just a bit concerned about the potential noise from below.

If I was really against this hotel/small potential amount of noise, I would not have bid in the 3.5* zone and gone to 4* or 3* instead.

I used the PRICELINE link to begin my bidding. Thanks.

• 1 month later...

I thought I would give a quick update on my trip/hotel experience. Beautiful historical building with nice and helpful staff. My only beef and potential warning to future hotel stayers is "smoking". Staff told me there is a loop hole in the system which allows smoking in the Arcade. Although I got a room with no smoking, a small amount smoke still gets in. It bothered me a bit, this may not be suitable for people who are highly sensitive to smoke.

http://img28.no_hotlink_or_screenshots_please.us/i/dsc0343en.jpg/

http://img638.no_hotlink_or_screenshots_please.us/i/dsc0434t.jpg/

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]