Priceline Hotel: 4* MTW, MTE, CPS Help

Haider
By Haider,
in

NYC hotel tax is ~14.5% and both PRICELINE and HOTWIRE add about a $7/nite booking fee to the bid amount (the booking fee per nite does down for longer stays)

What are the dates of your stay, maximum budget, desired star rating and zones, etc?

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

My maximum bid price depends how much is + taxes per day! My formula is $170 - tax $? = Bid price! Can u tell me how much i should bid?

My plans is almost fix, i need just to buy a ticket firts, i am not sure if this dates still avaliable for membership points tickets.

My maximum bid price depends how much is + taxes per day! My formula is $170 - tax $? = Bid price!
NYC hotel tax is ~14.5% and both PRICELINE and HOTWIRE add about a $7/nite booking fee to the bid amount (the booking fee per nite does down for longer stays)

Let us know once your plans are firm and we'll look at current rates at that time... if you change your dates by even just one day it can change the suggested strategy based upon rates for the dates you're bidding.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Please confirm your dates... is that May 12 - May 18?

If you're still trying to target a $170 all-in price i think your maximum bid will be closer to $143/nite (and not $130/nite)... please also confirm what you'd like to use for your maximum bid.

At the 4* level in NYC you have FIVE re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 4* CPS, MTW and TS...

Bid $110, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $120, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $125, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $130, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $135, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $140

Any questionsl (especially confirming your re-bid zones) feel free to ask.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Your options come down to:

1) raising your maximum bid

2) add other zones at the 4* level

3) lower your star rating

4) wait it out and try again

I'll add that that $140 for a 4* hotel this time of year in NYC is not usually enough.

I'm not a huge fan of the UWS for the average visitor as it's not the most convenient to most 'tourism' things, but if you like to be near nice restaurants and pubs, perhaps On the Avenue would work for your needs/budget? It's very residential so lots of restaurants/bars in the area and can be had within your budget... but questionable if a 'true' 4 star hotel (HOTWIRE rates it 4 stars... PRICELINE rates it 3 stars)

It really comes down to what you're looking for from this stay.

At $155 you're already over your dates $170 all-in budget... is a $155 your new maximum bid? How high are you willing to go before considering a 3.5* property? I assume you're not interested in "On the Avenue" i asked about above which is just about within your budget?

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases. (and please remember not to use the links in any PRICELINE emails reminding you you're eligible to bid again)

Thanks.

My budget is maximum $155 (bid price). I like On the Avenue, but is not my first option, i prefer a 3.5* in my desired areas. I can wait until april to see what happens with the 4* prices!

I will continue bidding for the same area, maximum bid $155.

How much will be the total cost for $155 bid?

How often should i bid again?

Thanks again!!!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]