Hotwire Hotel: 3.5* Galveston Hotel Galvez

pjmystic
By pjmystic,
in

Was a little surprised on this one, was expecting the San Luis Resort. Supposed to be a very nice hotel though and am very happy about it. I thought the San Luis was maybe the only 3.5 star on Hotwire, but I guess not. Just realized the amenities were different, and never caught it. Funny they don't say this is near the beach though since it's right on it basically.

Amenities:

Restaurant, Pool, Fitness, Tennis

1 room(s) @ $81.00 per night x 1 night(s) $81.00

Taxes and fees: $17.95

Total Price $98.95

This was a prime example of making sure you pay attention to the amenities. I could've ended up in another area of town when we were wanting to be on the Gulf. When I first started investigating, only 1 3.5 star was listed (which was the San Luis Resort most likely). Well, it disappeared somewhere along the line and another 3.5 star came up and I never caught it. This one (the one I ended up getting) wasn't listed as being near the beach and I never would've bid on it if I had caught that. I think at the time I would've assumed that it was the Tremont and would've stayed away since it's more in town. (Supposed to be a real nice hotel though by the way.)

It worked out great in the end for me thought, as it is on the beach and is supposed to be a great hotel!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]