Hotwire Hotel: 3* NYC (Downtown-SoHo) Holiday Inn Soho

Oboy
By Oboy,
in

Is this possible? I've already bid up to $125 for a 3.5* in ESB and to $140 for a 4* in ESB. I was targeting ESB because there were a few good hotels there that would've been nice to win.

I also am concerned about bed size. I am traveling with my mother and would like to get 2 twins/doubles or a king. I know how iffy that can be with PRICELINE, but it seems that some hotels are more open to requests than others.

Suggestions?

Yes, the Wyndham Garden Convention Center hotel is the same as the Wyndham Garden Times Square South, but you should check the address of the hotel you reserved on Quickbook with that of the highly rated hotel at Tripadvisor.

At the 3.5* level and higher the ESB zone is one of the more expensive areas, and availability in this area is often more sparse than others, so if you're only bidding this one zone this could be a difficult bid, imo. I'm not saying you have to add other zones, but if you did i do think it would improve your chances, although the bid amounts above are somewhat low for this time of year (even in other zones).

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Yes, the Wyndham Garden Convention Center hotel is the same as the Wyndham Garden Times Square South, but you should check the address of the hotel you reserved on Quickbook with that of the highly rated hotel at Tripadvisor.

At the 3.5* level and higher the ESB zone is one of the more expensive areas, and availability in this area is often more sparse than others, so if you're only bidding this one zone this could be a difficult bid, imo. I'm not saying you have to add other zones, but if you did i do think it would improve your chances, although the bid amounts above are somewhat low for this time of year (even in other zones).

Thank you. I'm willing to bid in the following zones: CPS, MSG, MTE, MTW, and TS.

PRICELINE does not guarantee 2 beds, but there is somewhat less risk in more "family-friendly" areas like Orlando, where rooms with two beds are fairly common. Chances are definitely more slim in NYC - hotel rooms are generally on the smaller/small side, and two beds - when available - often go for a premium.

It would be further south, but Orbitz is offering the Hilton Garden Inn Chelsea for $171, but coupon code FABSAVE10 takes off 10% per night = $154.09. That is for a "bed and breakfast" rate, so $5 more per night than the Wyndham for breakfast included. This would be a non-refundable rate, though.

Please use the site's Orbitz.com link if this idea is of interest.

I saw that the Hilton Garden Inn Chelsea was coming up as a win on Priceline. If I bid and won a 2.5* in Chelsea, I could get it or the Holiday Inn Express, both of which have queen, king and 2 beds. I may try to place bids there (knowing that there may be a third hotel that will come up). $149 is the highest I will pay.

I saw that the Hilton Garden Inn Chelsea was coming up as a win on Priceline. If I bid and won a 2.5* in Chelsea, I could get it or the Holiday Inn Express, both of which have queen, king and 2 beds.

Keep in mind that just because the hotel has rooms with 2 beds doesn' t mean that you will receive such a room... based upon occupancy the hotel may be unable, or unwilling, to provide you a room with two beds.

As well, in addition to the risks you mentioned above, your 2.5* bid could also be upgraded to a higher rated hotel, so 3* and above hotels become possibilities as well.

I would also search HOTWIRE to see what is offered when searching for 2adults/1child, as this should ensure you separate beds (although this could also be one bed plus a rollaway brought into the room OR one bed plus a pullout sofabed)

Keep us updated as to what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 3 weeks later...
Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links, and please do let us know if you have any questions.

Ended up using Hotwire and purchased the following:

Holiday Inn Downtown New York City

138 Lafayette St.

New York City, NY, 10013

HotelPhone:(212) 966-8898

Amenities:

3* Restaurant/Business Center/High Speed Internet

$103 per night

Hotel rate per night - Hotwire hot Rate:

PricePerNight:$103.00

NoOfNights:2

NoOfRooms:1

SubTotal:$206.00

TaxesAndFees:$47.05

TotalPrice:$253.05

Used HOTWIRE link

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$10 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SAVEMORE

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $100+ purchase... expires 05/19/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]