Priceline Hotel: In need of Toronto Hotel from 03/08/10 to 03/13/10

eendler
By eendler,
in

I don't think it's too early to bid, but i'm guessing you're just a little shy at the moment for this stay... so it comes down to if you're willing to go a bit higher in your bidding to lock something in now OR if you want to keep your limit where it is and risk that prices go higher between now and your stay.

What is the best rate you're able to find thru conventional booking channels?

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 3 weeks later...

I've been bidding everyday up to $85 for both Toronto Downtown South and North, every day it was denied.

Checking hotwire the rates for 03/08 and 03/09 are much higher then for the others days. It seens like theres going to be a big event those days. Does someone know something?

Thanks.

I live just outside of Toronto and wanted to chime in regarding your stay. These dates may fall over March Break so the hotels could have increased the rates for the time being. I doubt they will stay that high but hard to tell. Keep in mind you can always try to get the Delta Chelsea (3.5* - North) or the Hyatt Regency (3.5* South) for cheaper (Delta often goes for $50-$60). It's not as nice as the 4* hotels listed but it's not a bad deal either. I'd suggest reading the reviews on TripAdvisor before hand to see if they would suit your needs. Hope this helps.

Thank u for sharing info with us.

I've made some research using Priceline just for price comparing, this are the results:

Downtown Toronto East Hotel

03/08 -> 03/09: $119

03/09 -> 03/10: $119

03/10 -> 03/11: $96

03/11 -> 03/12: $96

03/12 -> 03/13: $99

Downtown Toronto West Hotel

03/08 -> 03/09: N/A

03/09 -> 03/10: N/A

03/10 -> 03/11: $79

03/11 -> 03/12: $79

03/12 -> 03/13: $79

Next with, just for comparing reason:

Downtown Toronto East Hotel

03/15 -> 03/20: $89

Downtown Toronto West Hotel

03/15 -> 03/20: $79

I read some where else that Winter Break will start at 03/12, is it right? It seens like there is something else from 03/08 to 03/10.

I'll consider the possibility of bid for Delta Chelsea or Hyatt Regency.

Thanks.

Thinking about this a little more, if it's more of a romantic getaway I would suggest booking the Hyatt over the Delta. The Delta is okay for the price you can usually get it at BUT the rooms can be small and a little dated compared to the improved Hyatt. If it's just a bunch of buddies then the Delta would likely suffice. I can't imagine what would be happening that weekend which would explain the higher rates and unavailability of 4* hotels. I will look into it further and advise.

Canadian Music Week begins on the 10th but I can't imagine this would have a HUGE impact on the prices. I would probably try and hold tight for now.

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for the tips.

I'm still trying to get a good deal but it seens to be very hard those days. Using hotwire for price reference its very wird because the 4* in Toronto Downtown (when available) is about $250. Using priceline and the betterbidding link i tried up to $80 without success.

I'm sure there's something in Toronto from 03/08 to 03/11 but I have no idea wait is it.

Thanks.

... so it comes down to if you're willing to go a bit higher in your bidding to lock something in now OR if you want to keep your limit where it is and risk that prices go higher between now and your stay.

Looks like rates have gone up substantially in the last 6 weeks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I just noticed your post last month, where you wrote that there were no 4* rooms available in the Downtown Toronto West zone on Hotwire. That got me thinking that there might be a large conference at the Metro Toronto Convention Center (which is in the Downtown West zone). I checked the convention center's website -- the Prospectors & Developers Association of Canada is holding its International Trade Show, Trade Show & Investors Exchange March 7-10. There were 18,000 registrants for this convention last year; the convention has room blocks at 14 downtown hotels, and 11 of them are sold out.

You could always put a bid in for an Airport hotel, eender. I'm not sure if those prices would be influenced by the tradeshow during your stay. In the past I've successfully bid under $40/night for an Airport hotel. And the two hotels I've stayed at near the airport have been quite nice. The drive (during non-rush hours) to downtown Toronto is not much of a chore and reasonable parking rates can be had in outdoor lots. Anyway, just another option to throw out there in case you have not considered that possibility.

• 1 year later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$10 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SAVEMORE

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $100+ purchase... expires 05/19/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]