Hotwire Hotel: 3* Toledo (Perrysburg-Northwood) Holiday Inn Express Perrysburg

mikeyjc
By mikeyjc,
in

Hi again all.

My wife informed me that she'd like to see the light display @ the Toledo Zoo on her birthday (12/31). We could drive there and back, but it's a bit over an hour each way, so I figured we'd perhaps make a night of it and get a room in the area.

I've bid on but haven't snagged a 3* yet in the 'burbs (have added zones and bid up to $40 ... don't want to stay downtown).

BUT, I made some low-ball bids in a couple of zones for 2.5* properties and received counters (which I did not accept, since I still hope to bid and win a 3*).

Maumee 2.5*: Bid $28, received a counter of $35 (probably the Country Inn and Suites?)

Perrysburg - Northwood 2.5*: Bid $38, received a counter of $49.

I have entered various bid amounts in the NYOP box, then used the "Based on recent data, your price has only a small chance of being accepted" pre-commit message to determine my starting bid amount ... if I don't see this message, I've started too high :-)

Will update this thread if I end up winning a room, and/or if I receive any other counters ... hope folks find this helpful.

I have entered various bid amounts in the NYOP box, then used the "Based on recent data, your price has only a small chance of being accepted" pre-commit message to determine my starting bid amount ... if I don't see this message, I've started too high :-)
Note that we've seen bids accepted even when this message has appeared, so i wouldn't use this information to determine a starting bid.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Good luck! Keep us updated as to your progress and let us know if we can be of any help along the way.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Holiday Inn Express Perrysburg

10621 Freemont Pike,

Perrysburg, OH, 43551

(419) 874-3101

Check-in Date: Thu, Dec 31, 2009

Check-out Date: Fri, Jan 1, 2010

Rate: $56.00

Nights: 1

Rooms: 1

Subtotal: $56.00

Tax recovery charges and fees: $11.77

Total price: $67.77

Amenities:

Complimentary Breakfast

Fitness Center

Pool(s)

Business Center

Laundry Facilities

High-speed Internet Access

Golf Nearby

Best rate thru ichotels.com:

Room: $76.99 USD per night

Tax: $7.31 USD

Estimated Total Price: $84.30 USD

I at first found it rather "interesting" that an HI Express merited a 3* Hotwire rating vs. 2.5* ... but, I subsequently found this property has the following ratings on other popular sites:

Expedia = 2.5*

Priceline = 2.5*

Orbitz = 3*

Travelocity = 3*

Hotels.com = 2.5*

So, since we now have a room in Toledo, I will close my thread on the Priceline side.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$10 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SAVEMORE

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $100+ purchase... expires 05/19/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]