Priceline Hotel: 3.5* NYC (MTE) Roosevelt Hotel

rita32560
By rita32560,
in

Hi - -

We'll be laying over in NYC for a little less than 24 hours in April...having never been there, we'd like to see a few things before having to head back to the airport. We arrive @ JFK at 6:00 pm on April 19, 2010 and our flight leaves @ 4:45 pm on April 20... so, in a quandry as to whether we should stay close to the airport (JFK) and then just use the subway to go down towards Times Square, etc... or stay in the South Central Park area, but then having do deal with getting all our luggage from the airport and back - and having to pay the taxi fee's. We'll just be returning from a cruise, so could have a few suitcases with us. Would like to stay in the 3.5 - 4.0* range, and hopefully stay at or below $150 total for the stay.

Any ideas?

Thanks

There are a few of options on HOTWIRE near JFK at or around the $100 range, as well as a few options at regular-rate around $100 (such as the Holiday Inn Express JFK - where you would get breakfast, which is $85.99 on Orbitz.) In terms of Manhattan, there is a 3.5* in MTE for $129 on HOTWIRE, as well.

I think the one issue with staying at JFK would be having to check-out at 11/12, but maybe - and you would have to check that the hotel would be able to do this - the hotel could check you out early in the morning and hold your bags until you got back early in the afternoon to pick them up before going to JFK.

Please use the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links.

My advice would be to stay in the city...

I'll explain my thoughts further in the next reply, but so that i can deail fully, if you were to stay at JFK, would you intend on heading to the city on both the nite of the 19th and then again the morning of the 20th... or just one of those times? (and if so which one)

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Taking your advice and really looking in the Manhattan area - since we'll just be heading home from a cruise and we have that one night layover in the middle of the flight home (thanks to Delta changing our connecting flight)....we won't want to be spending a ton of money. We'd like to do some looking around that evening - and I would expect that if our flight doesn't arrive until 6:00 pm, we won't be ready to hit the street until at least 8:30 or so - by the time we get checked into our hotel. Since our flight the next afternoon leaves @ 4:45, probably need to be back at the airport around 2:15, so leaving Manhattan, I'm thinking.....~noon?

Anyway...any guidance you'd like to give about getting a good rate in Manhattan that night would be lovely. I'd say, all packaged up, a good rate would be $140 or less. Is that possible - without staying in someplace horribly run-down?

Thanks!!

Rita

Unfortunately, I don't think a 4* in one of the Midtown zones (CPS, MTE, MTW, TS, MTE) for $140 "all-in" (including taxes/fees) is going to be possible/realistic, but a 3.5* for that price is likely possible. HOTWIRE does have a 3.5* for $129 in MTE (fitness, business, restaurant, internet; possibly the Roosevelt, Tudor or Doubletree Met - although the Roosevelt is the most likely of the bunch) for this date, although with tax the total is $158.

Which zones are you interested in staying in?

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$10 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SAVEMORE

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $100+ purchase... expires 05/19/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]