Priceline Hotel: Need strategy, want Fri, Sat, Sun, Mon nights...One hotel or two?

bacardi
By bacardi,
in

I land in vegas at 9pm on 1/15; I understand it'll prob be 10:30pm before I'm actually checked in. I'm most likely just going to go to bed. The main question I have, if you use various non-bid travel sites, Friday and Saturday are drastically more than Sun-Thurs. What's the overall experience with weekends vs weekdays on priceline? Would a strategy be to bid only for Friday-Saturday night first? Than try to extend days if successful? Even if extend isn't an option, book Sunday and Monday separately?

Thanks

You wouldn't want to bid Friday and Saturday and then extend your stay since the option to extend (if offered) wouuld be at the same price as your previous purchase, and you therefore would be 'overpaying' for the midweek nites. You could try bidding for Sunday and Monday nites and then try extending for the weekend dates, hoping that PRICELINE gives you a 'counter-offer' for the weekend nites and offers the same hotel for a higher rate... but i wouldn't count on this.

If you're willing to stay at two different hotels and change properties during your stay, the best option would likely be to bid Fri/Sat and Sun/Mon separately. (or try securing the Sun/Mon first, then see if PRICELINE gives you a counter-offer for the weekend nites, if not (or if price is too high) then bid those nites separately)

Let us know how you'd like to proceed and we'll advise accordingly.

Please use the requested PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Just wanted to add for an update...As stated, unfortunately Friday night really hampers my situation asI'm arriving so late to enjoy anything. Hotwire is offering a 3-star north strip Fri and Sat nights for $93.21 (out the door, although there may be resort fees)...All signs point that it's the Stratosphere, which I'm seeing people have successfully bid on priceline as low as $25/night. Again, since Friday sort of doesn't matter, could simply wake up saturday, take a taxi or bus/monorail down to the central strip and have some fun. Than do the Stratophere's rides Sat night. Check out Sunday and go to a night hotel. :)

I suppose your plan could work, but i still wouldn't do it.

As a first time visitor in Vegas you really want location, and this just isn't the location you want to be, imo. If you didn't stay at the Stratosphere would you still make the trip there to go on the rides?

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

There are shuttles (which take awhile as they stop at all the hotels, pulling into/out of each one and dropping off passengers), as well as the local bus (better option than the shuttle/trolly), but in Vegas is nice to be able to go back to your hotel during the day and take a break from all the walking you'll be doing.

As well, one of the great things about Vegas is being able to walk out of your hotel and see/do/walk to various things, which you're not going to get by staying at the Stratosphere, as the area around the Strat is not that great.

There are quite a few hotels on the strip for ~$100/nite for your Friday and Saturday nites, and while this is more than the $40/nite rate you're seeing at the Stratosphere, it is also very reasonable for weekend nite in Vegas. It really comes down to what you want from this stay.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]