Hotwire Hotel: Help with ID downtown-Soho 4* Jan 7-13 ($ 137)

Flockster
By Flockster,
in

Hi all,

may I request your help in identifying a 4*-hotel in Downtown-Soho. It has 4.5 of 5 at Tripadvisor (unfortunately, doesn't state number of reviews) and lists following amenities:

Suite

A guestroom designed for an extended stay and/or that more spacious than the average hotel room. Suites typically offer residential-style furnishings, as well as separate living and sleeping areas; some also offer kitchenettes.

Complimentary Breakfast

<amenity names only please... not descriptions>

Fitness Center

Guests have access to exercise equipment; an additional charge may apply.

Restaurant(s)

Property offers at least one restaurant on the premises; hours and days of operation may vary.

Business Center

Guests have access to business equipment and services; an additional charge may apply.

Laundry Facilities

<amenity names only please... not descriptions>

High-speed Internet Access

Guestrooms are equipped with high-speed Internet access; an extra charge may apply.

Could this be a Clubquarters or Embassy Suites, although at Priceline they're listed as 3.5* only? I try to avoid them and was hoping for a Soho / Tribeca Grand...

Thanks for your help - and have a great holiday season!

Florian

Merry X-mas everyone!

I'm going on a 6-day-trip to NYC with my wife in early Jan. Secured a quikbook offer very early and now try to find a bargain in Lower Manhattan.

Unfortunately, PL groups SoHo wit Wall Street and I was wondering, if and how I could search all winning hotels - in particluar I'm interested if 60 Thompson, Soho Grand or Tribeca Grand were ever won, because I mainly see the Hilon Millennium and sometimes the Gild Hall.

If so, what were the strategies? I assume, bids have to be higher, but can you make sure, you don't jutst overpay for the Millenium Hilton???

Any hints anyone?

Thanks and happy holiday,

Flockster

Merry Christmas! :)

There is no science as to be able to bid for a particular property, as there is no way to ensure a particular hotel via PRICELINE. Additionally, bidding more in an attempt to get a particular hotel will likely lead to paying more for the hotel you would have gotten had you bid less (in other words, overbidding.) Some hotels frequently use PRICELINE to fill rooms, but others are rarely seen and may not desire to use PRICELINE or HOTWIRE as aggressively. It's easier to use HOTWIRE to see if something besides the Millennium may be showing for the downtown area, but the Soho Grand and Tribeca Grand are still rarely seen.

60 Thompson has been previously reported as a PRICELINE win, but I think the last time it was seen was probably around the time period it opened.

If you would like assistance, please let us know dates of travel and desired budget per night.

Please use the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchase.

Aaron, thereuare,

thanks for your replies, info re PL wins really helps! WE reconsider bidding for ESB or CPS areas, trying to avoid MT. Or stick with Thompson LES for 180 which we got through Quikbook.

Yes, it would be for the same thread as my recent Howire question. Wasn't sure where to put it, as i thought it's more general.

For further PL bids, definitely use BB links.

Cheers

Flockster

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]