Hotwire Hotel: 2.5* Fort Lauderdale (Downtown) AmeriSuites

dogger
By dogger,
in

My dear wife and child (4yrs old) booked an 8 day trip for FL, 5 day cruise, then 2 days

at Disney and back to Fort Lauderdale for Saturday night, flight leaves about 1:00pm.

This entire trip has been full-price, the cruise and Disney and I don't want to do the last night

in Fort Lauderdale at full price, I also don't want a hotel where the check cashing place has a pawn in it and the windows have bars on them.

Thoughts on pricelining Fort Lauderdale for a Saturday night in Early Feb? What areas of town, number of stars and opening bid.

Thanks so much!!!!!!

It's really a night to get in to the hotel, swim and sleep.........looking for a safe area and would pay $100, but Expedia and others have a handfull under 100 and many 200-400!!!

The Cruise is with RCI, they don't have much of a discount program for 1st time cruisers, and to stay in Disney w/o an annual pass, you pay the rate. The only thing I got was that

it isn't peak-season and the rates are pretty good.

I looked at Priceline for the cruise, it was higher than the rate we got by 10 bucks!

THANKS for your help!

RCI, as well as the other cruiselines, offer virtually no break for any hotel stays (in my opinion).

I'm trying to guage a good "price to beat" for you... how would a good rate at the Downtown AmeriSuites work for you? I'm sure you're probably familiar with it from some of the cruise boards, but here are a few reviews to give you some additional info.

Let us know if this would be an acceptable place and then we'll proceed with this and your alteranate options.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

OK, let's get started....

First thing is to click HERE and do a search for your dates in the Downtown Ft. Lauderdale zone. Make sure that a 2.5* hotel shows up for about $70-$75 (it should be a listed as a Customer Favorite and have a "S" icon which stands for 'suite'). We highly suspect that this is the AmeriSuites and this is going to be what we try to beat.

Assuming the above reveals the property we're talking about, close that browser and give Priceline a try.

We'll start off trying for a 3* hotel in the Ft. Lauderdale Downtown zone. When bidding this area, you have one re-bid zone available. If you're not familiar with re-bidding, give this thread a read: PRICELINE re-BIDDING and ask any questions you may have and/or confirm your re-bid zone with the board (i strongly encourage you to confirm your re-bid zone since this is your first time using Priceline). Re-Bidding is not complicted, but it can be a bit overwhelming for new users, so don't get discouraged if it doesn't "click" at first and know that we'll walk you thru any questions until you "get it".

Once you know your re-bid zone (and confirm if you'd like)...

Select 3* Ft. Lauderdale Downtown

Bid $70, if rejected add re-bid zone and...

Bid $75.

(if you get accepted i believe it will be at the $75 figure, so don't try to undercut this amount on your 2nd bid)

If the above is rejected post back and we'll advise you of your next options.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good Luck with your first bid! :)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Downtown -$75 1st bid, rejected.

What other areas would you suggest to bid into.

The was it looks from Hotwire, Downtown is booked, only one 3-1/2 star hotel

listed. No other star rating show up.

So if I extend my search area, which one should I start with and which after that?

Thoughts...........thanks

I would check HOTWIRE again now and see if you see the 2.5* coming up, as i'm still showing it for your date (2/12, one nite, right?). You are selecting Ft. Lauderdale and the DOWNTOWN zone, correct?

Before going further... can somebody else do the above search and let us know if you see the 2.5* property or not?

Just checked Hotwire for 2/12 1 night dntn ft lauderdale and the only one showing is $239. (which is the one I`m trying to figure out). The others are Ft. Lauderdale BEACH none of these are showing the S (suite) sign. They are: 2.5* $142...4* $171...3.5 $209...3* $281. no bargins here !!

Hmmm... where did i suggest those bid amounts? (and those other zones you added are not all re-bid zones, so you may have dodged a bullet there!)

If this room is just for a day and you'd be happy with the AmeriSuites i might just take it and be done. I'm actually somewhat surprised that the Marriott didn't accept your $75 bid as rates there are consistent with other times we've seen that amount accepted.

How comfortable do you feel waiting it out... or would you just prefer to have this taken care of? Of course if you wait there is a chance that the AmeriSuites disappears and then you'll really be up the creek. I think i'd give Priceline one more shot (you only have one re-bid zone... so make sure you know which one it is before you bid, as questions if you're not certain). I'd bid $75 and $80... but as i said, if you're concerned about this stay getting filled, then peace of mind is worth something and i would just take the HOTWIRE offer.

did mean to imply that you gave me those numbers, I just did the re-bid process as I read on different posts.

When and how would I be able to retry on priceline?

I know there's a 72 hour policy, but could I back down on price and try the beach area?

I would like to get this taken care of, I've read the posts/review of the Amerisuite downtown and it seems to be okay, your thoughts?

again, DIDN'T mean imply you gave me those numbers.

tried to rebid this am, let me do it and then something happened, system error.

oh well.

Will wait to hear from them and you.

Either way I'm feeling better about doing priceline.

You said some of those weren't re-bid zones?

My understaning was, bid a star rating, then name a price, rejected and go find another

zone that doesn't have that rating via hotwire, which I thought they all did.

Thanks again

Just double checked this AM's request 3+ stars, downtown, $80.

Last night I found out I had 4 star clicked, I double checked in the PL system, so take note of that.

So below if the SORRY letter. 3+ stars, downtown, $80 didn't work???

============================================================

We're sorry, but we couldn't find a hotel willing to accept your offer of $80 for a hotel room in the Fort Lauderdale, FL area. Your credit card has not been charged for Request Number

To try your request again, change one or more items with a check.

Can you select additional areas where you can stay?

Coral Springs Details

Downtown Ft Lauderdale Details

Ft Lauderdale Airport (FLL) Details

Ft Lauderdale Beach Area Details

Ft Lauderdale North Details

Hollywood Details

Miramar Details

Pompano Beach Details

West Ft. Lauderdale - Plantation Details

Select All Zones

Resort hotels available in this area

Click here to see a Map of the Fort Lauderdale, FL area.

Hey,

Do to the pressure of this trip being weeks away, I did the hotel with hotwire, $69 bucks and it was the Amerisuites as you stated.

Like my previous post, I did do the 3* in downtown with no luck.

Thanks to all for your help.

I'll be using this site again for other trips!!!!! :)

We'll be here. :)

Happy to have helped and although you didn't get the Marriott, i'm glad you were able to get a the hotel we predicted at a price that you are happy with (anything is better than full price!)

Thanks for the follow-up and enjoy each leg of your trip.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$10 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SAVEMORE

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $100+ purchase... expires 05/19/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]