Priceline Hotel: BKK convenient to airport

almaliah
By almaliah,
in

Welcome to BetterBidding!

If you look on Priceline's map for this region, the zones look fairly close together, but near the top of the map you'll see an arrow pointing to the direction of BKK.

Let us know what zones you decide upon (or perhaps others familiar with the area will comment) and we can sugget from there.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

The hotel the most near to the airport (from the known Priceline-hotels for Bangkok) is very probably the JW Marriott, Sukhumvit Soi 2 (You will have to bid "Sukhumvit" and "5star" for that) is very conveniant to go to the aiport or come from there as it's very near to an exit of the tollway which leads to the airport. - You should skip "Riverside/Silom"-area if you're looking only for a hotel "near" to the airport. Or you book an airport hotel conventionally.

Too bad, maybe you should go higher in your offer (using PL Singapore, by example). - Or why you don't book a hotel in the airport area via conventional sites (e.g. hotelthailand.com)? - The Amari Airport Hotel is a nice hotel and is connected to the airport, but not cheap.

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure how close you want to be to the airport, but in May 03, I was able to book nights at the Asia Airport Hotel, about 3 km from the airport. (I arrived late and was flying out to Lampang the next morning and returned from the north late flying out on the 7 a.m. NW flight the next morning.) Probably a 3 star and booked through one of the asia hotel booking services, it cost me about $30/night. But that was at the time of the SARS scare. I don't think it is available through PL, but is on the gothailand.com www site for 1990 Thai Baht/night.

Free transportation to and from the airport, very friendly.

I hope I'm not violating a list rule by suggesting that you check latestays.com.

Set in behind a large shopping center and there is a night market in the parking lot -- some great food there.

tom

This reply may be a little late for the original poster but may be beneficial for others. Since this early flight (UA?) 7:00AM is so early in the morning so the infamous Bangkok traffic is nearly non-existant so most of the hotels should be OK as the travel time/fare will not vary too much. Make sure you ask the taxi driver to use meter or get a confirmed price before you get on (note that toll charge is usually not included in the taxi quoted price).

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]