Hotwire Hotel: 4* Magnificent Mile - Streeterville

eddieras
By eddieras,
in

The Sheraton may also be a possibility for the 4*, although it's rarely seen with that amenity set. My issue would be that, while there are some VERY nice hotels in that list of possibilities - the Westin and Swiss and, to a lesser degree, the HR), the Hyatt definitely falls more in the "average" category.

The Hyatt isn't a poor hotel by any means; it's simply a massive (largest hotel in Chicago) and not particularly memorable convention-oriented property. It's well-located and fine for just a place to sleep.

Additionally, the Hyatt is $87 via Orbitz.com, and coupon code WELCOME10 takes 10% off = $78 and change.

Without a tripadvisor rating showing, however, there's no way to know which of the possibilities this is.

I'd also suggest the 3.5* in the Mag Mile/Streeterville area (internet, business, restaurant, pool), which is likely the Doubletree. That's a very nice Doubletree property and in a very nice location just across the river and a few blocks further North from the Hyatt. There's also more restaurants nearby, a grocery across the street (cheap snacks) and it's only a couple of blocks walk West to Michigan Ave.

Please use the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links, and let us know if you have any questions about other hotels or the city.

Fitness, pool, restaurant, biz center, internet, spa - 4 stars. 3.5 trip advisor at $69 - 2 adults 2 kids - could this be west chicago lake shore hotel?

Are you sure you didn't mislist the amenities?

I see only fitness, restaurant, biz center, and internet -4 star for $69 on hotwire.

That would seem to indicate a different hotel....either the Allerton, Drake, Millenium Knickerbocker, or Westin .

Thanks Aaron...actually have been a member but lost password and changed email addresses, so I just signed up again :)

Changed computers and still don't see it. If I search for the night of the 21st with 2 adults/2 children, it's even worst. The cheapest i get for a 4* on Michigan Ave is $76, and that only has the 4 amenities I listed above.

• 3 months later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]