Priceline Hotel: Help with Priceline Booking for Dec. 31st-Jan 1st-Downtown Toronto

diana_14
By diana_14,
in

I am new to Priceline and could use some help with a booking. I am looking for a hotel, preferably 4 star, in the downtown Toronto area (I prefer Downtown Toronto South but North would be fine too). I will be staying from Dec. 31st to Jan. 1st. I have submitted two bids today, one for $30, 4 *, Downtown Toronto South; the other for $40, 4 *, Downtown Toronto North & South. What should my strategy be for getting the best deal?

Thanks,

Diana

You have plenty of rebid zones for both 4* and 3.5* bids (if you're unfamiliar with the concept, don't hesitate to confirm your rebid zones with us before you start bidding). However, rates on Hotwire have gone up further since you first posted, so I'm pretty sure that $70 won't be enough. However, it doesn't hurt to try, so...

Bid $55 for 4* for Downtown North and Downtown South.

If rejected, add a rebid zone and bid $60.

If rejected, add a rebid zone and bid $65.

If rejected, add a rebid zone and bid $70.

If rejected, exit this bid and start a new bid of $55 for 3.5* Downtown North and Downtown South.

If rejected, add a rebid zone and bid $60.

If rejected, add a rebid zone and bid $65.

If rejected, add a rebid zone and bid $70.

Please start your bids from the Priceline link on this site, and let us know the results.

• 2 weeks later...

Dec 25th, I put in a bid for $100, then my husband entered a bid for $110. Downtown Toronto South 4* and we were both rejected...

Maybe as the date gets closer, they would accept our bid?

Should I try $100 again? Or go higher?

HOTWIRE.com has 4* for $149 for Downtown Toronto West.

Fitness Centre

Pool

Restaurant

Business Centre

High Speed Internet

Spa

I think it is the Intercontinental Centre on Front Street.

Otherwise, it is the best prices start at $189 on conventional websites like Expedia.ca, etc. That is the price for the Intercontinental as well....

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]