Hotwire Hotel: 3* Orlando (Sea World-I-Drive South) Wyndham Resort

liverace
By liverace,
in

Hi all, I'm a newbie looking for bidding help for 3 star hotels in the Orlando. I have done some my homework, checking prices reading reviews ,ect..I have never used priceline bid system and there lies my question. I see there about 25 hotels that meet my criteria but there is a huge price difference for 3 star rooms standard price goes from $80 to well over 300 per night, if I bid 60 im sure I would get the 80 room but if I bid 100 is there a chance that I could still get the $80 room,second question I see some of these hotels have a resort fee and it seems to be a real surprise untill you check in,is there anyway of telling this info before bidding. I am very sorry if my post is in the wrong place!!

Welcome to Betterbidding! :)

Some comments:

1. There are multiple zones within Orlando. Which would you be interested in? Additionally, while a hotel may be a 3* within a particular zone, it may not be a participating hotel via PRICELINE.

2. What would be your budget per night?

3. If hotels are as low as $80, then you would not bid $100, as bidding more (overbidding, in other words) in an attempt to try and get a pricier hotel can very likely result in you paying more than you otherwise could have for the lower-priced property.

4. PRICELINE is an opaque service; there is no way to know what hotel you may get, and so resort fees will not be known until the hotel is confirmed after purchase. However, keep in mind that those paying full-price are still paying the same resort fee, so the PRICELINE rate continues to be a better deal.

5. What are your dates of travel?

Please use the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchase.

Thanks for this info so far,we will be going down to stay from 3/28/10- till 4/1/10(spring break) 2adults 2 18yr olds, we are flex as to where we stay just that it be at least 3 star, going by regular priceline prices, holiday inn main gate($80) gets decent reviews as does any of the hilton gardens(99-129),would love to bid and get the Hyatt convention center, we really would like to stay under 60per night, only going to Disney 1 day and the rest near the Seaworld/ Universal area

Since you have 4 full size bodies, I would recommend HOTWIRE rather than PRICELINE so you can guarantee you will have bedding for 4. Our kids are both under 10, so I use PRICELINE when bidding knowing that we can manage somehow. I won the Westin Imagine for a trip next month. After I check the the hotel's web site, I noticed there is a possibility we will get assigned a room which has only one king bed. With our children being small, we can still manage with the one bed - but it would be more difficult for you with two 18 year olds. You should not have any problem getting a nice hotel in the SeaWorld or Universal area. Your trip is still pretty far away. Its still possible to get a good deal on HOTWIRE or PRICELINE at this time, but more hotels will be available on Hotwire when you get within about 2 months of your travel date. I monitor the hotel listings on Hotwire about 3 or 4 months out - sometimes you can find a hotel which is identifiable and a good deal. Sometimes if keep monitoring the listings, the listings will change (a hotel which was previously listed at a particular star category in a particular zone is gone and a different hotel is listed). If your dates are firm, I would suggest making the purchase on HOTWIRE at any time you find a hotel you would like to stay which you can identify and the price is good.

Please keep all posts for the same stay in the same thread.

What are the ameniites HOTWIRE associates with the property above... the amenities you've listed do not correlate with the amenity icons that HOTWIRE uses. If you're not sure what the amenity image represents click the CONTINUE button next to the offering, then click the "See all amenities" link under the icons and you'll see a description of the icon. (NOTE: in your post only include the icon name... not the description, as this will make your post easier to read)

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I ended up purchasing 1 night on hotwire at a hotel*** w/these features, fit room, pool, rest, bus center,laundry, hi speed interneton south intenational dr (seaworld), it turned out that its was the Wyndham ***,this was far from my first choice,as these guys charge at least a 10$ pr night resort fee which brings mt $39 room to a total of at least $62, but I only bid 1 night for this reason so back to the drawing board for 3 more nights

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]