Priceline Hotel: 4* Miami (Downtown) Hyatt Regency

frugalKansan
By frugalKansan,
in

I'm trying to bid on a 4* in Miami for the 15th of Jan. I've already got a room at the Airport Wyndam the 14th for $66 (3&1/2*). I wanted to hurry up and have arrangements for my first day down there so I took the $66. I've looked at the Priceline and Hotwire Calendar of Wins, and it seems like the longer you wait the better your possibilities of getting a better price. I've been looking in the Airport, Coral Gables, and Downtown area. Wat are the recommendations about waiting, and how long? I've had very good luck in the past with priceline bidding the day before in Tampa, but you can't bid again if you miss.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Waiting until the last minute is not always the best option and i think you're close enough to your check-in date to get 'serious' about bidding. I would have a sense of what a 'good' deal is and begin to bid at the low end of the range. For additional information on this subject see the related link in our PRICELINE FAQ.

For the nite of 1/15, what is your maximum bid for this leg of your stay?

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know the above and we'll advise accordingly.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I'd like to get a 4* for similar or better than what I got the Wyndam 3.5*. I understand that this being Friday could make it a little more difficult. I checked things like the goings on in Miami: 6 cruise ships, the Barnum and Bailey Circus, a Manhattan Transfer concert, The cruise line industry convention, and the franchise industry convention. Based on what was going on other weeks, this isn't very much. The Heat is playing in Houston so they aren't a problem. Is my guessing off base. You guys seem so knowledgeable on here, it's amazing. I usually try to do my own figuring, but you guys seem to have so much on the ball it's great. Of course I'll always use your link now I've finally figured out how to use it.

That does sound like a lot of things happening in the area... six cruise ships is a lot, then add the conventions on top of that, and you're talking a large number of people. However, rates don't seem too bad for this nite, so we'll give it a go.

At the 4* level you have SIX re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 4* Downtown and Airport and Coral Gables...

Bid $55, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $60, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $65, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $68, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $70, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $73.

I would start with the above and if rejected post back and we'll take it from there. You can stop short of the above $70+ bids above if you wish, but at the moment i would think that anything in the $70's (and maybe even a bit higher) would still be considered a 'very good' deal for these dates.

Any questions feel free to ask (especially confirming your re-bid zones with the board if that's a new concept to you)

Thanks for using our PRICELINE link to begin your bidding.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

You're the bomb! :) I couldn't quite grasp the free re-bids until the last time I read it. I'd already bid $62, so I added 1 free rebid which I hadn't used because I didn't want to stay in that area(They didn't have any 4* hotels though), and upped my bid to $65. This is what I got: 4* Miami Downtown, Hyatt Regency Miami. 400 S E Second Ave, Miami, Florida.

Check-In Date:Fri, Jan 15, 2010 / After 03:00 PM. Check-Out Date:Sat, Jan 16, 2010 / 12:00 PM

I was so freakin' giddy I was bouncing up and down in my chair. That's $1 cheaper than I got a room at the Airport Wyndam, and that was a good price.

I'd already checked out this hotel so I know they charge $12.50 for parking. This is right on the metro mover, and the whole deal. I'll also post this info on the wins topic.

And of course I used the PRICELINE link from here. :)

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you got a great deal at this property and you're happy with the results. Not only is this $1 cheaper than your Wyndham purchase but it's also higher rated! :)

Thank you for sharing your win with the board and using our PRICELINE link to begin your bidding.

Have a great trip!

Thank you for sharing your win with the board and using our PRICELINE link to begin your bidding.

Ok, now I've got another question. If my son wanted to stay at the same hotel what would the likelyhood of him getting the same hotel for the same night by bidding the same price I did? I know, there are a lot of ifs. I think they'd be ok staying in a hotel in the same neighborhood.

One really can't say if he would get the same hotel... but it would seem logical that the sooner you bid the better your chances would be, the longer you wait the odds would go down; but as you point out, a lot of "ifs" in this scenario.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Good luck!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]