Hotwire Hotel: 3.5* Portland (Downtown) Hotel 50

r00st
By r00st,
in

I am new here and have been doing some reading the past hour. My girlfriend, myself and 2 friends are going to be in portland for a few nights. We originally were going to stay at the La Quinta by the convention center (can get for 68/night) but a friend suggested this website and to check hotwire to get a nicer hotel downtown.

Being that we have 4 people it is absolutely imperative that we have two beds. I saw the "nines" 5* was available when searching just two people but im guessing that means its only a single queen/king bed which of course will not work.

Anyway...searching for 4 people narrowed the results down to two hotels. One being this 3.5* for 79 with the following amenities:

Smoke Free

Restaurant

Business Center

Free High Speed Internet

Would this be the Hotel 50? Are there any other 3.5* hotels downtown?

The other option is a 4 star but it is $102 per night (same amenities as above but with a fitness center) for the same dates and 4 people. Due to the fact were all recent college grads without jobs we are trying to stay on the CHEAP so If the 3.5* is going to be reasonable we will probably choose that.

Thanks in advance for any help!

PS..I am going to book through this site's HOTWIRE link so you guys get credit for the stay*

4* Portland South Water Front Hotel - any ideas which hotel?

Dates 1/10-1/13 $85/night OR $94 with bed choice

I am now seeing hotwire (for some hotels) lists a "bed option". I assume if you chose this you are LOCKED IN to receive what you chose (be it two queens, a king, two kings, etc)??? Has hotwire ever been known to change this and people show up to a room with bedding situation other than listed?

Reason I ask is (as already posted, sorry wanted to keep this query seperate) myself, my girlfriend and 2 friends are going to portland. We NEED two beds obviously.

When searching 4 people I found the 3.5* in my other thread.

When searching 2 people, I found this "south Waterfront" hotel, 4* for $85 per night dates of 1/10-1/13. It lists "BED OPTIONS" of $89/night for ONE KING or $94/night for TWO KINGS. Obviously two kings would be GREAT so everyone is comfortable.

Amenities listed are:

Boutique

Complimentary breakfast

Smoke free

Fitness center

Restaurant

Business center

High Speed Internet

Spa

That is a pretty detailed list so im hoping someone knows which hotel this is?

Many thanks in advance! This site is rich with information :)

I read and figured out all of the hotwire stuff and found we (myself, my girlfriend and two friends) can stay at either hotel 50 1/10-1/13 with two double beds for 79 OR we can stay at the avalon with two king beds for 94/night.

So...no bed option? Do people ever have luck calling and asking for different bedding situations?

What are the known 4 star hotels through priceline for portland downtown area?

Thanks in advance!

We just booked the 3.5* for 4 people on hotwire (through the site link :) ) in downtown portland for $79 a night (269 total after taxes) on 1/10 - 1/13.

Overall I am very happy as it sounds like its a great location and the queen beds are a plus (I thought they were going to be doubles!)

Thanks for everyone's help!

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you're happy with the results and the queed bed(s) room configuration will work well for your needs.

Thank you for sharing your results with the board and using our HOTWIRE link to begin your purchase.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]