Priceline Hotel: 4* NYC (MTW) Sheraton New York

David uSabYk
By David uSabYk,
in

Hey Guys,

i'm going to New York with my girlfriend. We haven't been in New York before and want to see the central park, soho and go shopping. A friend suggested me the ravel hotel which is around $100 without taxes.

Another friend suggested me to use this PRICELINE and this forum. The problem is, i don't even know where to go.

I want at least 3* or 3.5*. What do you think? Can anyone suggest me something?

David

You should be able to get a 3.5* for that price... maybe even a 4*. Are you interested in trying for the highest star rating possible up to your limit OR are you looking for the least expensive 3.5* for this stay?

As well, there is no "best" area as it depends upon your plans/needs for this stay. Generally speaking, at the 4* level most of the midtown locations are convenient for the typical visitor; at the 3.5* level a few hotels enter the field (most notably the Millenium UN in the MTE zone) which are not terribly inconvenient, but less convenient than others (the Millennium UN is ~15 minute walk to the subway... although there is bus access right near the hotel)

Let us know how you'd like to proceed and we'll advise accordingly.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks again for your reply.

My main demand is a clean room. I guess the 3.5* rooms will also be ok?

We want to see the Statue of Liberty, Central Park, the apple store and my girlfriend want to see some shops in soho (i guess?). Taking the subway or a taxi is ok for us. Can you suggest us something? Midtown East/West?

Thanks,

David

MTE (although in terms of bidding on PRICELINE, the Millennium UN is a 3.5* MTE property that gets very nice reviews, but is a bit far out of the way in MTE), MTW, TS, CPS, ESB and MSG-Convention are all fine areas, although MTE, MTW and TS are certainly the most popular of the bunch.

You could possibly get a 4* property, and 3.5* should be quite reasonable. There is a MTE 3.5* on HOTWIRE for these dates w/fitness, business, restaurant, internet for $104, which could possibly be the Roosevelt, Doubletree or Tudor. There is also a 4* in ESB for $134, which would appear to be the Roger Williams.

I'm guessing a 4* can be had in MTW or MTE for possibly $115. A 4* in TS would probably be more along the lines of $130-135, and possibly mildly higher.

Please use the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchase.

The places you mention are 'all over the city', which is fine as mass transit is relatively cheap and easily accessible, but there is no one location that would be closest to all of your activities. I'd suggest including as many zones as are acceptable... i'd avoid Downtown at the moment since it's slightly less convenient than the other locations, and you can decide if you want to include MTE or not (as noted above the Millennium UN is available at the 3.5* level and a nice hotel with generally good reviews, but it's a 'bit' far east (in December when it's likely cold) and a 15 minute walk to the subway.

So i'd consider all of the following:

CPS, ESB, MSG, MTW, TS and MTE (depending upon your thoughts as per above)

Let us know how you'd like to proceed and we'll suggest a strategy for you to follow. At the moment rates look cheap, so i don't expect your budget to be much of an issue.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

If $150 is still your maximum bid, that is equivalent to ~$125 bid price. I'll suggest a strategy going up to $135 but you're free to stop at whatever level you choose.

At the 4* level you have FIVE re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 4* ESB, MTW, TS and MTE

Bid $90, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $95, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $100, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $105, if rejected close browser and use our link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 4* CPS...

Bid $90, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $95, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $100, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $105, if rejected close browser and use our link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 4* ESB, MTW, TS MTE and CPS

Bid $110, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $115, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $120, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $125, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $130, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $135

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Hi,

I proceeded as you suggested and ended up with the "Sheraton New York Hotel And Towers" in Midtown West for $115. The price is good compared to Expedia (~$170) and the hotel website (~$200).

The location seems to be very central and close to the subway. It got some bad reviews (mold in the shower, broken inventory...) so I'm not sure what I think about it...

What do you think?

Anyway, thank you very much for your tips and investigation. I appreciate it very much and it saved me money.

David

Congratulations on your success!

For $115 it's a very nice deal for this property and will suit your needs fine. If you have a 'real' issue with your room just let the hotel know and see about a room change (ie- 'real' as in there is mold in the shower... 'not real' is the furniture doesn't meet your liking :) )

The location is very good with lots of subway station and lines in the immediate neighborhood... and if you are out late one nite (and especially have a few drinks in you) give the

with white and hot sauce a try (i had some last nite!) which is right around the corner from your hotel (and always has a line)

Enjoy your stay in NYC!

I've stayed at this hotel and it's actually pretty good. It's got a great location for sightseeing--Times Square is just down the street, Central Park just up the street and it has a subway station on the corner. I think they may have some newly redecorated rooms, so ask for one of the newer rooms when you check in. The rooms are pretty roomy for new york standards, and although i think they are closer to a 3* than 4*, they will probably be great for your stay. And btw, I've stayed there through bidding on priceline, but had to bid much higher, in the $160-180 range, but I guess it just depends on when you go. One final tip...there is another Sheraton Hotel, the Sheraton Manhattan, across the street, so make sure you know which one you're going to. Have a great trip!

If you don't want to pay the taxi cost your two best options are:

1) bus to port authority (~$17/pp) then take a taxi to the hotel (10 blocks) assuming you don't want to walk

2) Airtrain to Penn Station (make sure you don't exit the train at Newark Penn Station) and then a taxi to the hotel (assuming you don't want to take the subway)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]