Hotwire Hotel: Help Identifying 4* hotel, Downtown / Pike Place

wexcellent
By wexcellent,
in

We're looking to book a hotel on January 1st, 2010. Hotwire shows one 4* Downtown / Pike Place hotel with amenities:

Fitness Center, Restaurant(s), Business Center, High-Speed Internet (no pool shown)

for $93, if booked as 2 adults and 2 children. But if I use 3 adults and 1 child, Hotwire shows one 4* hotel for $89.

Since the stars and amenities remain the same, I'm assuming it's the same hotel? (probably the Westin???). However, with our kids it's important to us to have a pool. How likely is it that this hotel is the Westin, in either booking configuration?

Thanks!

It could be just 'normal' fluctuation in HOTWIRE prices from search-to-search OR (if the price is higher for 3adults/1child vs. 2adults/2children) that the hotel let's "kids stay free" and therefore the 3adult search raises the price whereas the 2adults search does not.

What is the difference in rate?

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

For the (assumed) same Downtown / Pike Place 4* hotel, with amenities: Fitness, Restaurant, Business, Hi-speed Internet, booking for 1-night on 1/1/10:

3 adults / 1 child: $89 (counterintuitively, the lowest price)

2 adults / 2 child: $96

1 adult / 3 child: $96

Does that make any sense?

and for completeness,

4 adults / 0 child $89

Based upon the prices you've posted, i'm assuming that's just normal HOTWIRE price fluctuations and it's not uncommon to see prices fluctuate by a few dollars per nite from one search to the next.

It's conceivable that tomorrow you perform the same search and the prices are reversed... or you see slightly different prices than above.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Don't think so. Simply stating that there really has been no fluctuation. The prices have been constant, not indicative any sort of randomness in HOTWIRE searches. The more likely explanation seems to be that there is something built in to the search parameters, perhaps based on the particular hotel's availabity or room configurations, that affects the pricing. That's my novice take, anyway.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]