Priceline Hotel: embassy suites

joanpav
By joanpav,
in

I realize I am way too early to bid on Priceline for Dec26/05 but because I have already booked our cruise for Dec27/05 and because we are 4 in the family and really want Embassy Suites or Marriott Marina I went ahead and booked a cancellable(sp?) room at Embassy Suites in Ft.Lauderdale. My question is if I use priceline to book later in the year, and I already hold a reservation for that date at Embassy Suites will I automatically be rejected ?

I'm assuming you're refering to Ft. Lauderdale Downtown? Chance are not great of getting the ES as they haven't recently been releasing inventory to the opaque suppliers... better chance of gettting one of the hotels (and at nearly half or a third of the cost).

Just reply to this post saying that you are ready to bid, and it will be *bumped* to the top of the list.

There are differing opinions as to when to bid, my personal opinion is to bid whenever you know your plans are firm. There is further discussion in this thread: PRICELINE BID EARLY or LATE and numerous other threads that you'll find in the PRICELINE TIPS forum.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I am ready to bid now, our plans are firm, I have already booked at ES at a cost of $219. but I can cancel. I would like the Marriott since ES seems unattainable. If I use my MC to reserve I have cancellation insurance for the cruise and hotel etc should anything go wrong between now and then.Our cruise is out of Pt. Everglades on Dec.27 so we need a booking for Dec.26. The only one I DO NOT want is Pier 66 but I think I`m safe if I only bid on downtown 3 or 3.5*. If I could get comparable accomodations for $100. instead of $200. I would be thrilled (that`s a few Pina Coladas!)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$10 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SAVEMORE

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $100+ purchase... expires 05/19/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]