Priceline Hotel: Need help for a NYC hotel for my trip next week!

vin1215
By vin1215,
in

Hey guys, I am trying to go to NYC with my girlfriend as a college graduation gift to myself. I booked the Belvedere for 3 nights for a total of $540 (Travelocity) however that is really stretching our budget. I would like to get a 3 star or above hotel for $450 total. ANy chance I can do this?? We would really like to stay in the times square or central park area. Please share any advice. Thanks so much.

Please follow-up your previous Hotwire Florida thread with whatever you ended up doing for that stay... then bump this thread, indicating the the date(s) of your NYC stay and your maximum bid amount (before taxes and fees)?

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

We would really like to stay in the times square or central park area.
Do you mean the Central Park South zone on PRICELINE? Are these the only two zones you're willing to accept?

Are you willing to pay more for a higher rated hotel OR is your goal the least expensive 3* or better for this stay?

Let us know the above and we'll advise accordingly.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for the reply. I just checked all the priceline zones and here is what I like. Times Square- Theatre District and Midtown West. The other nearby zones are okay but I would really like one of these two. I would go as far as $125 a night for a 4 star hotel. And if I can get a 3 or 3 and half star for $100 a night or under I would definitely do that as well. So basically a 4 star for 120 or under would be my first choice of course. If not II would go down to a 3 star or 3 and a half. Now if you say I can get a 3 star for 80 and a 4 star for 120 I would go with the 3 star since I am on a budget. I am trting to mix my budget with my personal preference if that makes sense haha.

Good morning. :)

In terms of a 4* for MTE/MTW/CPS/TS, I think a bid may squeak by at $125 (although chances are definitely slimmer in TS and probably CPS), but certainly may require a mildly higher bid than that.

A more realistic bid for a 3.5* in MTE/MTW/CPS/TS for these dates is probably going to be in the $110-115 range, and may run slightly higher.

Please use the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchase.

If you want to try for a 4* first you can bid as follows...

At the 4* level you have FIVE re-bid zones available. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 4* MTW and Times Square...

Bid $100, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $105, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $110, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $115, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $120, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $125

If the above is rejected, let us know if you'd like to then try for a 3.5* hotel (in which zones) OR if you'd then like to try for a 4* in some other nearby zone(s).

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Ok I will go with that strategy later today. I am a bit concerned about the Sheraton New York in midtown west. I see some have gotten great deals on that but I have a concern. If I win that hotel does that mean I will have the room with 1 double bed?? I would really like a queen or king or even two doubles. Is this possible or no?

PRICELINE books a 'standard' room... after that it's at the discretion of the hotel, although as per the previously referenced link, you can call the hotel and put in a request for the bed configuration you would like. However, this is just a request and no guarantees that the hotel will be able, or willing, to accomodate your request.

Please keep all posts for the same stay in the same thread... if you ultimately use HOTWIRE we'll move the entire thread to that section of the board.

The Central Park property has not yet been identified, but i usually don't recommend this area for the typical visitor as most of the zone is more North than where you'd want to be.

The amenity combination for the ESB property is common for a city hotel of this star rating, but the Radisson Martinique has previously been reported at thsi star level and amenity combination, so that would be my best guess for this one.

Have you tried any of the PRICELINE bidding above?

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

• 4 months later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]