Priceline Hotel: 3* Las Vegas (Strip North) Stratosphere

thesink77
By thesink77,
in

SORRY - I am posting this in the right spot...it's also in the Hotwire discussion thread. My apologies. I couldn't see how to delete the thread.

Was playing around on Priceline, making some bids, seeing if I couldn't get a decent deal on I/P or Flamingo, something like that. Made the mistake of bidding $29 / night on a 3* hotel, and ACCEPTED! Unfortunately, it's the Strat, but I found an amazing deal through Hertz on a rental car ($87 all-in for the 3 nights...go to their website and click on the $30 off weekend rental link), so I should be set. Strat looks okay outside of the location. Anyhow, I had bid at $22 / night on the same 3* north or south strip the day before and had it rejected. My guess is there's probably a happy medium somewhere in between.

• 2 weeks later...

I've stayed at the Strat before and it's perfectly fine. (and I paid more in the $50 range per night years ago for it). I agree with the person who said be careful walking around that area. Go right toward the strip out of the hotel in broad daylight and you're fine. But, there are cars, cabs, trolleys, etc...it's really not that far from the main part of the strip.

You will be fine, and will have a great time! You can hang out in all the expensive hotels all you want, then crash in the perfectly nice Strat at night, knowing you got a great deal!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]