Priceline Hotel: resort in ft lauderdale beach area

sbgat711
By sbgat711,
in

my wife is a government employee and we are currently holding a government rate at the marriot harbor beach resort for 1/23-1/26 for $137. unfortunately, this great rate is not available for 1/26-27. my questions are:

1) i know things can change all the time, but is this hotel the only "resort" in the ft lauderdale beach area?

2) the lowest rate listed for 1/26-27 on marriot's web site is $399 - is it even possible that they have any priceline rooms available, and

3) if they might have a priceline room available what should i bid if i'm willing to gamble that this hotel will come up?

thanks for any thoughts, suggestions etc.!

If your ORLANDO TRAVEL PLANS have changed to Ft. Lauderdale, please state so in your other thread and include a link to this new thread (it adds some 'closure' to the other thread and doesn't leave future readers wondering what ultimately happened).

To answer your questions, it's the only Resort class hotel reported in this zone... there could always be others. If rates are very high and a discounted rate is not offered, i would think a Priceline win a this property will be difficult... but you'll never know unless you try and we have seen stranger things happen (like wins at otherwise sold-out hotels).

Personally i wouldn't spend that much on a room, but you could book it HERE for $359/nite if you really don't want to change hotels.

I would recommend trying Priceline at whatever level you're comfortable with (if you're comfortable at all, knowing there could always be other resort class hotels in the zone) and if unsuccessful, book a nearby property direct, bid for a lower class hotel in the same zone, or change zones entirely.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

thanks for your response. i used several free re-bids and bid up to $155 with no luck. i know i have a few re-bids left but i have to decide whether i want to spend any more (espcially when there is always a chance it might not even be the same hotel)! i'll let you know what i decide. thanks again for your help.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]