Hotwire Hotel: Help ID 5* Munich hotel

Yagermeister
By Yagermeister,
in

• 1 month later...

Based on the 4points out of 5 Tripadvisor rating, based on over 140 reviews, I think it's either:

- The Westin Grand Muenchen Arabellapark: http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g1...ia.html#REVIEWS

or

- Hilton Park Munich: http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g1...ch_Bavaria.html

neither of which are in the immediate city centre.

The Westin Grand Muenchen Arabellapark is located very near a subway station and it's 9 minutes by subway to the city centre (although during Oktoberfest times it isn't that bad, it's on the direct line to the Oktoberfest, a 15 minute ride away).

The Hilton Park Munich is located near Munich biggest park, but it's in an awkward place if you have to use public transport, you have to take a bus to reach the subway (6 minutes), and from there it's 7 minutes to the centre, so including the walk to the bus station it's about 20 minutes.

Sept 9th is too early for Oktoberfest :)

as Panda123 said both hotels are possible.

Remember that Hilton has 50% off "January sale" right now and you get the Hilton for 155 USD (104 EUR) incl. taxes and breakfast! hurry up - limited availability

I can recommend the Hilton: quiet area next to Englischer Garten, the Chinese tower beergarden and rooms are big as you are used to in the USA. The breakfast was one of the best I ever had in a German Hotel!! Super Sauna and Pool!!

If you prefer to be more in the city centre there is the Hilton City for 102 EUR January Sale which is easier as it's in the city (netxt to Philharmonie Concert Hall) and subway in front of door! However I can't recommend as never been there...

Westin Grand is the old Arabella Sheraton Grand. I was in Frankfurt Westin Grand which had been also tranfered to the Westin brand from Arabella Sheraton and I didn't like so much, as the age of the property is still visible. Rooms are Westin but 5*?? Yes for German terms correct but not compared to Asia or US 5*!

Take the Hilton Park, I'm sure you won't be disappointed. The Hiltons in Munich are one of the Top deals of the German Hiltons!!!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]