Priceline Hotel: 5* Las Vegas (Strip) Venetian

chrisc2
By chrisc2,
in

Hey Guys, this is my first post. I was checking out "the other board" and I must say, you guys are much friendlier!

Anyways, I'm planning our third trip to Las Vegas for a friend's 21st birthday. I went last June and August and I loved it, I've been trying to find time to go back. I'm looking to arrive March 21 and leave March 29. Last time I went, the rates for the weekend was extremely high so we went to LA for Friday and Saturday, which was a blast! I think this time, I might do the same so I'm breaking up the days I spend in Vegas.

I'm looking for a 5-star hotel either Bellagio or Venetian for March 21-23(24th if it's a great deal -- 1 less day in LA won't be missed) and then maybe a 4* or 5* hotel for the last two nights in March (27th and 28th). I did some preliminary research and came up with:

March 21-24: Bellagio for $185/$185/$155 Travelaxe (provider was LVTB)

March 27-28: Bellagio for $155/$155 (LVTB again) and Venetian at $170/$170 (Orbitz)

How much should I try for on Priceline and when should I do it?

Lastly, I need a room in LA for 2 nights (March 25/26), the last time I stayed it was at the Beverly Hilton booked through Priceline for around $110 -- it was the WORST Hilton I ever stayed at and was DEFINITELY not worth the 4* or 4.5* it was rated! Any suggestions on this or should I post this request separately on the LA section?

Thanks guys for your advice!

-Christian

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Please start a separate thread for the Los Angeles part of your stay.

We'll continue this thread for both the first and last part of your Vegas stay, but once a hotel is won we'll adjust the title of this thread to reflect the win and then start a new thread for the remaining part of your stay.

In order to begin with the Vegas portion... just how high are you willing to pay for a 5* hotel?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

At the 5* level you have 8 re-bid zones so i would bid as follows:

Select 5* Strip:

Bid $100, if rejected add re-bid zone and...

Bid $110, if rejected add re-bid zone and...

Bid $120, if rejected add re-bid zone and...

Bid $125, if rejected add re-bid zone and...

Bid $130, if rejected add re-bid zone and...

Bid $135, if rejected add re-bid zone and...

Bid $140, if rejected add re-bid zone and...

Bid $145, if rejected add re-bid zone and...

Bid $150

It's widely believed that Resort hotels can not be upgraded to the 5* level, but nevertheless, some people don't like to use them in case the rules change. If that's the case, you have six re-bid zones, but can still follow the strategy by doing the following:

Select 5* Strip:

Bid $100, if rejected add re-bid zone1 and...

Bid $110, if rejected add re-bid zone2 and...

Bid $120, if rejected add re-bid zone3 and...

Bid $125, if rejected add re-bid zone4 and...

Bid $130, if rejected add re-bid zone5 and...

Bid $135.

Close your browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 5* Strip and re-bid zone6:

Bid $140, if rejected add re-bid zone1 and...

Bid $145, if rejected add re-bid zone2 and...

Bid $150.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good Luck and let us know how it goes.

You can try the above for both sets of dates you are seeking.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hi, I tried that strategy and failed all the way up to $150. When I bid $100, I was given a counteroffer for a 5* at $217. I also had to change the dates a bit, I'm not sure if that made a big difference or not. The original flight I was going to take was sold out so I had to arrive Mar 20 instead of the 21. I also forgot that my max of $150 didn't include taxes/service fees, which on Priceline seemed really high. So, would you be able to give me a strategy for the following (I'm really sorry about changing the parametres):

March 20-24: max bid $120 -- I would take 4* or 5* but I'm worried about bidding 4* because I really don't want the Westin.

March 27-29: max bid $150. I current have cancellable reservations at the Bellagio for $169 a night for these two nights. Could I get a better deal somewhere else?

If you don't want to stay at the Westin i wouldn't use Priceline.

HOTWIRE is showing a 4* hotel at $122/nite which i believe is the Aladdin. It is not currently showing a pool icon, which was indeed once associated with this property, so perhaps they removed that icon or the pool is going to be closed during this stay (something to look into if a pool is important to you). The $122/nite does not include taxes or fees, but probably within your budget if you want this offer.

MONTE CARLO is available for your nites for $129. This rate does not include taxes, but there is no service fee, so probably equal to the above Hotwire rate.

I also see the Luxor has a $99/nite rate for your dates, but i'm not such a fan of the location... you may have your own thoughts about the property so i at least mention it in case the savings are worthwhile enough to you.

I'll take a look at your other dates in a bit.

Quick question: do you think the prices will decrease on Priceline for a 5* (for Mar 20-24) or do you think I would have my best chances now? I might book Luxor at $99/night even though I've stayed there before.

Secondly, I have the Venetian (or so I think as a 5* on Hotwire) for $119/night - should I take this or wait? Will it decrease on Priceline?

Thanks, you guys have saved me so far... $314! :)

-Christian

Nobody knows if rates will go down (or up) between now and the dates of your stay. With Hotwire rates at $220 i wouldn't be jumping on that (but i would have a hard time paying $200+/nite for any hotel in Vegas, i'd sooner be lowering my star quality for a more reasonably priced property).

If the 5* on Hotwire is now $120, i would bid as follows:

Select 5* Strip:

Bid $90, if rejected add re-bid zone and...

Bid $97, if rejected add re-bid zone and...

Bid $100, if rejected add re-bid zone and...

Bid $103, if rejected add re-bid zone and...

Bid $107, if rejected add re-bid zone and...

Bid $110, if rejected add re-bid zone and...

Bid $113, if rejected add re-bid zone and...

Bid $115, if rejected add re-bid zone and...

Bid $118.

The above should get you something via Priceline, but should if fail for some reason, you could take the HOTWIRE offering.

Thanks a lot guys! For the dates March 24-March 27 (2nights), I scored

The Venetian

$100/night + Tax/SC = $229.77

PL gave me a counteroffer when I bid $90 at $119 which I rejected. It then accepted my third bid at $100.

I think I will make cancellable reservations at Luxor and continue to check if any other 4*+ hotels prices go down.

Thanks!!

Great!

Glad it worked and you were able to save even more money!

I'm going to adjust this title now to reflect your win (which i'm assuming is for 3/27-3/29, correct?) and please start a new thread for your 3/20-3/24 dates (in which we can add a link to this thread for users to see the complete story).

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]