Priceline Hotel: 3* Hartford (Rocky Hill-Cromwell-Wethersfield) Crowne Plaza

allybunnie
By allybunnie,
in

Hi - Looking for a bidding strategy for 3.5* in Rocky Hill for 1 night 12/31...

I believe I have a total of 9 "free rebid" zones to work with?

Looks as though it is probably the Marriott Rocky Hill - which unfortunately the lowest rate I see for this night is AAA rate of 170.00 :) per nite!!

I figure with time on my side maybe try & low ball a win? Looking to max out @ 50.00 - (maybe 60.00) for my bid...I know it's a real long shot - probably highly unlikely?? If you think I shouldnt waste my time, dont hesitate to say so...if you think it's worth trying, a strategy would be great - I can adjust the $$ amounts accordingly during bidding if I want to go up to 60.00....

Thanx!!

I have a zone question for Hotwire -

you have this Hotel on your Hotwire Hotel List:

Hartford (Wethersfield - Rocky Hill - Cromwell)

3* Crowne Plaza Hartford

Amenities: Restaurant, Pool, Fitness, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Golf, Tennis

This hotel is in Hartford, but the Wethersfield - Rocky Hill - Cromwell zone map on Hotwire definately does not include ANY of Hartford, especially where this hotel is located (right @ the crossing of interstate highways 91 & 84)

My question is the exact amenities listed above are showing on Hotwire for 59.00 but the zone map (Wethersfield - Rocky Hill - Cromwell) does not include Hartford as explained above - if I bought this & it ended up being the Hartford Crowne Plaza which is definately not in the "zone map" shown for the Wethersfield - Rocky Hill - Cromwell zone would Hotwire be forced to refund the purchase as it isnt within the zone map they show for the purchase?

Please keep all posts for the same stay in the same thread.

The Crowne Plaza refered to above i believe is the "Crowne Plaza Hartford South Cromwell" (not the Downtown property) and i have updated the Hotwire Hotel List for clarity.

As it costs nothing to bid, if you have some spare time, it's always worth bidding as sometimes you get luckier than you expect! :) However, as you're aware, odds are low and as a result i'd be very happy with a $60 win and would use that as your maximum if your budget allows. I'll suggest a $60 strategy and you can adjust if you'd like to go up to $50 (the opposite

At the 3.5* level you have NINE re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 3.5* Rocky Hill...

Bid $35, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $40, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $43, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $45, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $48, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $50, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $53, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $55, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $58, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $60

Any questions feel free to ask.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hi again - wasnt sure if I needed to keep Hotwire/Priceline questions separate - thanx for the clarification on this subject

I agree slim chance of $50.00 being accepted, so went with the 60.00 max bid strategy , but no luck - will keep trying & let you know if I have success

using LINK to bid....thank you again for this great site & your advice :)

good morning - I have tried to win this even going up to an $81.00 max bid - I know I could still try for this, but the reality of it is, the rooms are going for $170.00 p/n AAA rate & I am also thinking they may have a "New Years Eve" party going that night as it is a pretty nice hotel & I think I will have a hard time winning this...We just need a place to stay after a friend's New Years party, & this Marriott is a mile away, but we are going to go to plan "B" as follows

Want to try & win the 3*Crowne Plaza Cromwell (could end up being another hotel I know - as long as it falls into the following acceptable zones that is fine..)

so - looking to do a 3* in either the Rocky Hill zone, or the Kensington/Cromwell zone...as of right now I see a total of 2 free rebid zones along with these 2 zones....

current pricing for the 3* Cromwell Crowne Plaza is 99.00 - 103.00 (advance purchase & AAA) - would like to try & win for under 50.00...how about a 45.00 max bid? is that realistic as a possible win? Unless you really disagree I am looking for a bidding strategy at the 45.00 max bid - I can adjust the $$ higher at a later date myself if I am finding no success..

Again, Thank you for your help & this great site!! :)

OK ....That sounds reasonable, but shouldnt my bidding strategy be different than above as there are 2 zones I am willing to stay in? I guess I am thinking there is a strategy that would involve bidding on one zone, then closing the browser & reaccesing the PRICELINE link & then rebidding same thing using the second zone along with the first one.... I am unsure of how to break down this strategy.... :)

I am trying to decide if I have figured the correct bidding strategy out on my own :) ......

Would this be correct?:

Select 3* Kensington/Cromwell...

Bid $35, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $37, if rejected add re-bid zone2...

Bid $39, if rejected close browser and use our link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 3* Rocky Hill...

Bid $41, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $43, if rejected add re-bid zone2...

Bid $45, if rejected close browser and use our link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 3* Kensington/Cromwell & Rocky Hill...

Bid $47, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $49, if rejected add re-bid zone2...

Bid $51

I'm still trying to learn ..... :)

went ahead & tried my strategy...

Selected 3* Kensington/Cromwell...

Selected 3* Rocky Hill...

Selected 3* Kensington/Cromwell & Rocky Hill...

Bid $47

Accepted @ 3* Crowne Plaza Cromwell

47.00 - room

13.27 - taxes & fees

60.27 - total

I really think if I had reversed my strategy & started with Rocky Hill zone on 1st part & then did Kensington/Cromwell on the 2nd part, I might have won this a little cheaper, but I am happy with the result... :)

Congratulations on your success and thank you for sharing your results with the board!

A better approach would have been:

Selected 3* Kensington/Cromwell...

Selected 3* Rocky Hill...

Selected 3* Kensington/Cromwell and Rocky Hill...

Perhaps you would have adjusted the dollar amounts between bidding cycles 1&2 and bidding cycle 3 depending upon how much time you had left to try again, but the above would have been a better strategy, for as you point out, it gives you a chance to win in each zone at a lower price than how you had bid above. Regardless... still better than booking direct! :)

Thank you for sharing your win with the board and using our PRICELINE link to begin your bidding.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]