Priceline Hotel: 3.5* Chicago (NMA-River North) Embassy Suites Downtown

ls1dreams
By ls1dreams,
in

Hi all,

I'm looking for inexpensive but safe hotel for NYE in Chicago.

My sisters live @ Michigan & Grand, so anything around this central location would be great.

From hotwire, I see these 2 main options:

1. $79 - 3.5* Chicago Loop Hotel

amenities: fitness center, high speed internet

2. $79 - 3* Magnificent Mile Area - Streeterville Hotel

amenities: fitness center, business center, high speed internet

Any idea which these are?

Other options would also be appreciated.

Welcome to Betterbidding! :)

The 3* Mag Mile is a possible match for the Holiday Inn Express Cass, while the 3.5* Loop has not been ID'd (although may be the Club Quarters Loop with a different amenity set than previously seen.)

Personally, I would much rather suggest bidding $79 for a 4* in the River North/North Michigan Ave. area on PRICELINE first, and if that is not accepted, then I'd choose the 3* Mag Mile. I would definitely try to see first if PRICELINE can deliver more hotel for the same amount, and it's reasonably easy to get to Michigan/Grand from most of the River North/NMA zone PRICELINE properties.

Please use the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links.

Welcome to Betterbidding! :)

The 3* Mag Mile is a possible match for the Holiday Inn Express Cass, while the 3.5* Loop has not been ID'd (although may be the Club Quarters Loop with a different amenity set than previously seen.)

Personally, I would much rather suggest bidding $79 for a 4* in the River North/North Michigan Ave. area on PRICELINE first, and if that is not accepted, then I'd choose the 3* Mag Mile. I would definitely try to see first if PRICELINE can deliver more hotel for the same amount, and it's reasonably easy to get to Michigan/Grand from most of the River North/NMA zone PRICELINE properties.

Please use the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links.

Good info - I'll go through this and reply back with my findings and "wins".

Well, you have a few different options. If you are interested in trying for a 4*, you could use re-bidding to see if you could under-cut PRICELINE's $22 counter-offer. You may be able to get a bid accepted at $85-90.

If you are looking for a place to sleep and would rather stay in the $79 range, you could try for a 3.5* at $75.

The list of reported PRICELINE properties in the River North/NMA zone is available at this Priceline Hotel List for the state.

The only reason I would hesitate bidding for 4* in the Millennium Park-Loop-Grant Park area would be the possibility of the Hilton, which is a bit too far out of the way/inconvenient for where you need to be.

That's an AWESOME deal for that property, especially for NYE. Additionally, REALLY close to where you need to be - this would be an easy walk to Michigan and Grand. :)

Definitely one of the best 3.5* possibilities - both ES properties in the city are very nice. Plus, free breakfast and evening reception.

This is a fantastic location, as well - right in the River North area, lots of restaurants and nightlife nearby.

Excellent, excellent result for this bid - lowest rate on the hotel website is $168 and change.

Thank you for using the site's PRICELINE link to start your purchase.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]