Priceline Hotel: 3* Williamsburg (Historic-Busch Gardens) Courtyard

Elle Woods
By Elle Woods,
in

FYI, this property has moved up from 2.5* to 3*

I was a little disappointed, had been trying to target the Holiday Inn Historic Gateway and didn't mind ending up with the Crowne Plaza so I started with $40 for 3* Center-Outlets, ended up with a counter offer of additional $12, but got greedy and decided to try to rebid at $45 adding in Historic-Busch Gardens and ended up winning Courtyard Marriott Williamsburg instead.

Not trying to whine though, it was completely my fault for being both frugile and impatient- I should have either taken the counter offer or tried again today (this was yesterday) for Center-Outlets knowing that the 2.5* in Historic-Busch gardens might have gotten bumped up to 3* (which it did!)

It still seems like a pretty good deal though, and the tripadvisor reviews seem OK so I'm going to try to be optimistic! :)

• 1 month later...

I just wanted to give an update and say that I really enjoyed my stay at this hotel!

As mentioned above, I wasn't thrilled when I won it, but was very pleasantly surprised!

Lobby is nice, and though halls/elevator are a little seedy looking the rooms are just fine.

When we arrived we were assigned a room that had not been made up; it was actually kind of strange because it seemed like it had been cleaned/restocked but then somebody had come back and "messed some things up" afterward.

For example, all new towels and toiletries but one washcloth used and out of place; both beds made but one looked like someone had moved the pillows and sat down over the covers; a room key was left out on top of one of the beds; etc.

We're not the type to get upset over a little mix-up like this, so we just nicely went down to tell the front desk and they were so embarassed and apologized profusely.

She switched us to a different room and without asking gave us 2 free coupons for the breakfast buffet.

The breakfast buffet was OK. I think I probably would have been disappointed if I had paid for it (I think they wanted $10/person), but the woman who runs it is very nice.

The location was pretty convenient to both Busch Gardens and Colonial Williamsburg although we still managed to get pretty lost one night. I don't want to absolutely rave about the place, but I definately think it was correctly rated as a 3* hotel (I was upset initially because it had previously been 2.5* and received an upgrade, which made me skeptical), and I would be happy to stay there again in the future!

I am a little surprised though that I saw someone won this yesterday on PL as 3.5*. That might be pushing it a little bit with the star rating, but its definately worth the prices we both paid.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]